Sunday, May 12, 2024

My Non.Veg/ Fish Thali~ 371.


“My Non.Veg/ Fish Thali~ 371 : Vali- Sukkale Sungata Ambata (Malabar Spinach- Dried Prawns Curry), Tallele Visonu (Surmai/ King Fish Fries), Ukde SheetHa (Red Boiled Rice)” … when Vali is in season, this curry is a must in my home … for those who love fish, a simple meal of a fish curry, boiled rice and a few fish fries is one of the best heartwarming Sunday Meal … Yummilicious …

** There was a time when Vali (Malabar Spinach/ Mayalu/ Basale) was not available in nearby market and I had to go to main market for the same. Fortunately in the last decade it is available at times, however when it comes to purchasing, its sort of early bird gets the worm. Well, got a huge bunch yesterday and as I always have stock of cleaned and ready to use dried prawns, I prepared ambata which is a must in my house when vali is in season. Kept the meal simple with just rice and curry and a few fries.

** Whenever I keep meals simple with just fish curry and rice, I always remember my father who left for his heavenly abode 25 yrs back. He loved this combo and always took me for this meal at a small eatery where fish curry with rice plate was sold for a mere Rs.15/- and we enjoyed it very much, I must say I learnt to eat boiled rice during that time, a memorable part of my life. I am sharing links to the recipes as they are already shared in the Blog, do browse through for the same, try them out and enjoy with family.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... do try them out in your home and enjoy with family and friends, they are all tried and tested in my own kitchen many times and are very tasty …

** For “Vali- Sukkale Sungata Ambata (Malabar Spinach- Dried Prawns Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below, also sharing a common link to all “Vali/ Malabar Spinach/ Basale” recipes shared in the Blog, do browse through in leisure and try them out as and when possible, they are all tasty …

** For “Tallele Visonu (Surmai/ King Fish Fry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Red Boiled Rice/Tambde Ukde Tandla sheetha/Urpel Ari /LaL Mota Chawal” … Cooking of Red Boiled Rice using Pressure Cooker. My easy way out. Cooking red boiled rice/ ukde sheetha is considered laborious and time consuming, but I use a faster method and get perfectly cooked rice using pressure cooker. Anybody can follow this simple method, cook and enjoy hot red ukada boiled rice with a spicy Veg / Non. Veg Curry …. Please follow the link given below for the method of cooking .....

** Note : If for any reason you do not want to cook Boiled Rice, you can try normal rice prepared using Surthi Kollam or Wada Kollam rice by following method, which is normal method of cooking in almost every Konkani Saraswat Home …

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option or follow the common links shared below for "Thali/ Solo/ ComboMeals or Pejje Jevana (Rice Porridge Meals)” already shared in the Blog where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.