Thursday, September 16, 2021

Suhana safar aur ye mausam hasin ....


"Suhana safar aur ye mausam hasin" ...... It's been raining heavily for the past few days, though I would have prefered to stay warm indoors, I had to go out on work ... So, off we go with a handful of almonds to munch on our way ... as I drove through the outskirts of Mumbai my train of thoughts also started rolling on lots of why's and if's ... lost in search of answers, I reach the point were the ride is a upward hill full of beautiful lush, I shut off the cool AC breeze, slide down the glass to breathe in natures gift of cool breeze as is my usual practice ... it tosses my hair here and there but the feeling is total bliss ... I gulp in fresh air to compensate the loss of it, living in concrete city ... the air is Oh, so clean, loaded with oxygen, need of the day ... the rains had rinsed the trees, grounds so well that you could even inhale the lovely smell of mud ... 

** suddenly a dog unnecessarily decides to cross the road, sigh! they are so habituated to crossing roads all the time, thinking the other side is always better, giving a damn to drivers agony ... but the brakes always get applied in time, to save it from mishap and us from guilt ... many a times I do feel like pulling over and giving it a good hearing on road rules ... this always makes me giggle, brightens my mood while my mind thinks out aloud ... why would a dog listen to me? when humans driving across themselves lacked discipline, drove or overtook from any side, not to mention speeding or drunk driving ... Ahhhaa, no use of cribbing, enough, I apply brakes to my thoughts and decide to enjoy the beautiful ride in midst of nature ... there is no other way to do so than by listening to oldie goldies, Is there? ... 

** I switch on 98.3 fm just in time to hear ... ab suniye aapka man pasand film Madhumathi ka gana, Mukeshji ke awaaz mey ... "Suhana Safar Aur Ye Mausam Hasin" ... I was lost like alice in wonderland to this track as I went on with my blissful ride, Oh, yes munching on some almonds ... monsoon could never have been more heavely than this ....

* a beautiful song of 1958 Black/ White Era Movie Madhumathi featuring Dilip Kumar- Vaijayanthimala ... sung by Mukeshji ... sadly Dhilip sahab left for his heavenly abode just a month back on July 7th 2021, my tribute with lyrics- link ...

(सुहाना सफ़र और ये मौसम हसीं)×2
हमें डर है, हम खो ना जाए कहीं ...
सुहाना सफ़र और ये मौसम हसीं ...
* (ये कौन हँसता है फूलों में छुपकर?
बहार बेचैन है किसकी धुन पर?)×2
कहीं गुनगुन, कहीं रुनझुन
के जैसे नाचे ज़मीं ...
सुहाना सफ़र और ये मौसम हसीं
हमें डर है, हम खो ना जाए कहीं ....
* (ये गोरी नदियों का चलना उछलकर
के जैसे अल्हड़ चले पी से मिलकर)×2
प्यारे-प्यारे ये नज़ारें,
निखार है हर कहीं ...
सुहाना सफ़र और ये मौसम हसीं
हमें डर है, हम खो ना जाए कहीं ...
* (वो आसमाँ झुक रहा है ज़मीं पर
ये मिलन हमने देखा यहीं पर)×2
मेरी दुनिया, मेरे सपने
मिलेंगे शायद यहीं ...
सुहाना सफ़र और ये मौसम हसीं x2
हमें डर है, हम खो ना जाए कहीं ...

** Disclaimer : Just a short article written by me on lighter note observing the nature as I drove through the lush greens, a short patch on outskirts of Mumbai .... I love old Hindi movie songs and they always take me to another world when the lyrics are meaningful. Not meant to offend anybody's sentiments, do excuse if done. The picture belongs to Google and I downloaded the same, so the credit goes to them. Thank you for reading through and always supporting my small writing and articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.