Thursday, June 27, 2019

Pehla Barish aur woh Mitti ka Sugand / First Rain and that Aroma of Mud.


"Kahan Gaya Woh Pehla Barish aur woh Mitti ka Sugand / Gone are those Days when First Rain brought in that Aroma of Mud" ... Nostalgic indeed, reminds me of oldie goldie song ... Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head … It’s lovely to see the rains pouring in full speed and glory. I always wonder at God’s creation of nature that is oh! So perfect, … there are ups and downs, many a problems of choke ups and road blocks, but still it's different.  It is really a sorry state that in the process of creating concrete jungles, we now don't get to inhale that aroma of mud, Ahhaa, I do miss them, but if you want to whiff a bit of it, good old rain does grant you the pleasure of the same when it falls on the pots you keep in window sills ... 

** I loved all those little pleasure like, looking at those raindrops falling on, the shaking of windows, the banging of doors, the pleasure of drenching in the first rain, Jumping and splashing the puddles created by rains, sending on paper boats in flowing water, not to miss sleeping cuddled in wooden blankets. It was always fun on relishing steaming hot cups of soups with some deep fried pakodas/ fritters. Oh!, How I miss those days, those sweet childhood memories, those growing up days, sigh, are just memories that I now cling on to. There is absolutely nothing like that now and they are all a distant memories now which the heart wishes for but the mind says no, not any more.

** I remember walking to school in rains, holding umbrella for namesake, tilting it often to get wet, hoping beyond hopes that on reaching school my teacher would send me home seeing me fully drenched lest I catch the cold. As I grew and got my own moped, I enjoyed getting drenched in it zooming round the town wearing a windcheater again for namesake. The Jeans would weigh a ton later, but who cares ? It was all fun, fun and fun. My college friends and me would go off on rides, eat hot cauliflower pakodas/fries or just baked puffs from bakery and more than often when home fully wet. Those carefree days have gone, Why ? Oh, why have the days changed so drastically that we are now so scared to enjoy the rains ... 


** We are now always worried of health, worried to get wet, worried  of each and every things before it really happens. Those days we believed that rains were good for health, people believed that getting drenched in the first rains was a blessing and made the lungs stronger. Not anymore, we now just pray for the rains to come coz. they are necessary for our well being, we need the water for survival, but we stay away from them when they arrive. We now carefully tip toe round them, taking full care of our family to avoid mishaps. We run for treatment, the minute we sneeze or cough once. And God forbid if the body runs a temperature we break all hell loose and are full on anxiety till it leaves us in peace. We have I guess lost immunity coz. of the current lifestyle. 

** Thundering and lightning’s were scary then too, we cringed when they showed on, but also looked at them in awe. But now it is a cause of worry and we pray it stops. We keep away our mobile and at times switch of the TV sets, for the fear of short circuits. We try to reach within the safety of our homes without wasting time looking here and there. We don't stop at all to look at the beautiful rains as we cross by some still available beautiful scenes. We do not like to get drenched and when we do we rub off our head vigorously, have a hot bath and have steaming cups of soups, tea or coffee to avoid catching that cold lest we fall sick, which now means only one thing, yes, loss of pay, we can't afford to take a leave or sit at home. 

** But, all is still not lost, it is within each one of us to enjoy the rains while they last, it’s a lovely feeling … We often go on long vacation, holidays at exotic places round the world enjoying and looking round at the beauty of those places, while we forget to sit and enjoy that which is in our backyard. Do take some time off and roam about in rains in your own in and around nearby places and see how beautiful is nature. Do take extra care of your family, but also make it a point to enjoy the rains as they are one of God’s most beautiful creation that no man could ever achieve … I am off to enjoy the Rains .... Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head la la la la la la .... Happy Monsoon, Be safe, God Bless ....

** Disclaimer : This is an article written solely by me and has not been adapted or coped from anywhere. The picture attached is from Google pictures and the credit goes to them. My sole intention of writing short stories or thoughts, is apart from the fact that I love writing them, I also want the future generations to know a little bit of our times too. If I have hurt anybody’s sentiments in the process, It is not intentional and in no way meant to offend anybody or any religion. Plz. do excuse me for the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.