Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Egg ~ Garlic ~ Methi Pulav.


“Egg ~ Garlic ~ Methi Pulav” … A delicious pulav prepared by adding in scrambled eggs to the existing Methi Pulav prepared earlier … My motto is never to waste food, recycling and turning them into another dish whenever food is in excess is relished without a murmur ... Yummy Yumz ...…  


** Egg fried rice or Egg Pulav is something I often do by adding in scrambled eggs to the remaining leftover pulav. Food as I have said many times before should never be wasted. Try recycling the same with some additions and they are as good as new and will be relished without a murmur. Though I never prepare food in excess, sometimes people who said would drop in never do so leaving me in a fix. Sometimes if I know I have outdoor office work, even in such cases I prepare such pulav the previous day so that I can quickly fix another meal with it and either carry it with me or leave it in hot case ready on return. Methi pulav prepared yesterday was the same case. So added on scrambled eggs to the same and made it into egg-garlic-methi pulav and relished it with dal fry. I have already written in detail about the preparation of Garlic~Methi Pulav, So here at the bottom of the recipe, I will just add on the link. You may prepare the pulav fresh and add on the scrambled eggs later on or prepare the same the next day out of the remaining pulav too. Off course you can prepare the same out of any remaining pulav you have prepared. So, go ahead and enjoy this one and trust me, it will be finised off without complaints. 

** For preparing this pulav you will need :
Garlic Methi Pulav or any Pulav : 6 heaped cups.
Eggs : 4 large one’s or 5 small one’s
Pinch of haldi / turmeric powder
Pepper Powder : ½ - 1 tsp
Oil : 2 tblsp + 1 tblsp
Salt to taste




** In a thick bottomed kadai heat 2 tblsp of oil, when hot lower the heat and add in the haldi powder, immediately break in the eggs into the kadai back to back. If not comfortable with breaking the eggs directly into the kadai or if not used to this method, you can break the eggs and add them in a bowl first and then pour the same into the kadai. See to it that you don’t drop in the egg shell pieces. This needs practice, so be careful. 

** Now add in salt to taste and the pepper powder and mix well with a spatula. Now raise the heat to medium and keep stirring and breaking the egg mixture into pieces. I am sure you all know how to scramle the eggs. So keep scambling it till its cooked. This does not take much time. Do not overcook the scrambled eggs and they will turn hard sort of rubbery. They should be soft and just cooked. 



** Now add in the remaining 1 tblsp of oil and mix well so that the oil coats the scrambled eggs. This is done to ensure even mixing with the pulav without sticking to the rice. Now add in the pulav and mix well. Lower the heat to minimum, cover with a lid and let cook for 5 mins. Stir once or twice in between. 


** Note : You can mix the pulav and scrambled eggs in a microwave ovenproof glassware dish and microwave covered for 2 minutes, mix and again mw for one minute. This step is easier and I follow microwave method. 


** “Egg ~ Garlic ~ Methi Pulav” is done and ready to be served. Serve hot with Dal-Fry or Veg.Manchurian, tastes awesome. Enjoy this recycled pulav with family and see them relish the food with pleasure. I have somehow always felt that fried rice type textured pulav tastes best the next day. Well, you can prepare the same fresh too. But if the pulav for some reason has been not emptied, do not fret, try this out and win hearts. 

** For the Garlic Methi Pulav Recipe, Please follow the link given below …..

** An earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you. I have also started a food group by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" the link of which is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.