Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Urad Dal- Rava Idly, Magge (Southekayi) Huli, Coconut Chutney, Aamras


“Urad Dal- Rava Idly served with Magge (Southekayi) Huli (South Indian Cucumber Sambar), Coconut Chutney and Aamras” … nothing beats this made for each other combination of Idly- Sambar- Chutney, one of the healthiest and tastiest dish to savor be it for breakfast or meals … during childhood this was not a favorite as much as it is loved now, Oh! Yes, I can now have them on daily basis … served for lunch along with some Aamras to satisfy the sweet tooth … Yummilicious …

** I have always loved this simple Brahmin Style Huli with addition of veggies of ones choice to be served with Idlies. I learnt this from my friend a few decades back and prepared it quite often to be served with urad-rava idly during fasting days. Over the last decade somehow I have lost track and could not prepare many of those dishes that I loved relishing through childhood/ teens as I was always  busy and occupied with various commitments. My precious diaries were often browsed through and I promised myself that I would get round to preparing and sharing them here, but I could not do much justice.

** Well, to cut short, this one is from one of those 7 diaries and as I prepared and relished this with my all time favorite combo of southekayi huli with urad- rava idly, I really felt immensely satisfied and both hubby and me enjoyed it to heart’s content. Sharing links to the recipes as is my practice when they are already shared as it becomes easier. I do regret the inconvenience caused if any, but trust me it is the best without repetitions of recipes. There are plenty of recipes, Veg/ Non.Veg/ traditional dishes from GSB Konkani Saraswat Cuisine. Do try them out and enjoy with your family and friends.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... do try them out in your home and enjoy with family and friends, they are all tried and tested in my own kitchen many times and are very tasty …

** For “Urad Dal- Rava Idly” recipe, Please follow the links shared below, they include both Idly prepared in vati as shared above and khotto ie Idly prepared in jackfruit leaves basket. I have also shared a common link to all Idly recipes that are shared in the Blog. You may try any to serve with Huli/ Sambar as they all go well in combo …..

** For “Magge (Southekayi) Huli (South Indian Cucumber Sambar)” recipe, Please follow the link shared below ….

** For “Coconut Chutney”, I am sharing a common link to all "Chutney" recipes below and to the one shared above, you can try out any ….

** For “Aapus Ambe Aamras (Alphonso Mango sweetened Puree)” recipe, please follow the link given below ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.