Monday, April 15, 2024

My Simple Veg. Thali~ 367


“My Simple Veg. Thali~ 367 : Aapus Ambo (Alphonso Mango), Bagade Upkari (Red Eyed Bean Bhaji/ Stir Fry), Donnemirsange Bajo (Capsicum Bajia), Mitta Ghallele Avale Rasam (Brine Gooseberry/ Amla/ Nellikai Rasam), Surai SheetHa (Rice)” … with setting in of summer there is usually a change in pattern of meals … saar, rasam, saar- upkari, bajji, dahi etc. play more prominent roles while mangoes creep in either as it is or as ambe upkari, sasam etc. … with plenty of choices, Sunday meals always have to be heartwarming, isn’t it? … this is my today’s simple but delicious lunch … Yummilicious …

** I had been planning to prepare Avale rasam from brine amlas for some time now and was eagerly waiting for the newly brined amla to settle, finally decided to try one of the recipes from a long list of to do’s today. I kept the rest of the meal simple except for capsicum fries which too I am preparing after a long time. Hubby is always fond of these thili saaru/ rasam (water textured spiced saar/ rasam) type of dishes and always insists I prepare it to be relished both as an appetizer and with rice during meals.

** Two decades back when there was a fall in my health I was advised to consume saar with rice instead of gravy dishes or dal. That was the time when I prepared them in plenty of combinations which somehow had taken a back seat in recent years. I have often mentioned my 7 diaries in which my kitchen treasures are jotted down, I need to go through, prepare them again and blog it here, but somehow always lagging behind. Long way to go but I have decided to blog atleast 1 in 2 weeks to finish backlog.

** Well, all recipes of dishes in thali are already blogged and all I need to do is share the link to those for easy access as is my practice with Thali posts. I do regret the inconvenience caused to move from one to another link, but trust me this is the best any blogger can do without repetitions of recipes. There are plenty of recipes, thali combinations both Veg. and Non.Veg and off course plenty of traditional dishes from GSB Konkani Saraswat Cuisine. Do try them out and enjoy with your family and friends.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... do try them out in your home and enjoy with family and friends, they are all tried and tested in my own kitchen many times and are very tasty …

** About “Aapus Ambo (Alphonso Mango)” need I say more ???? This king of fruits and the ruler of all ripe mangoes adorns the meals as long as it’s in season. Plenty of dishes can be prepared, however relishing them as it is, is just awesome.

** For “Bagade Upkari (Red Eyed Bean Bhaji/ Stir Fry)” recipe, please follow the link given below, in that link I Bagado (Red Eyed Bean) is referred to as Katpadi Bee, which is also bagado itself. Katpadi is the name of the place from where that particular Bagado is famous amongs southern Indians though and has a taste of its own. However, they are both same with very minute difference in taste, that’s all ….

** For “Donnemirsange Bajo (Capsicum Bajia)” recipe, please follow the link given below ….

** For “Mitta Ghallele Avale Rasam (Brine Gooseberry/ Amla/ Nellikai Rasam)” recipe, please follow the link given below ….

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, a method followed in most FSB homes, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.