Friday, March 29, 2024

My Delicious Veg. Thali~ 366.


“My Delicious Veg. Thali~ 366 : Kadgi Podi (Raw Jackfruit/ Phanas Fries), Ambe Peshe’ Godi Upkari (Ripe Mango Slices Sweet-n-Spicy Curry), Cabbage Onion Jowar (Sorghum) Rice Spicy Muddo Keli pannari (Dumplings in Banana Leaves), Varna (Spiced Moong Dal/ Green Gram Dal), SheetHa (Rice)”… a simple but delicious meal with some of our favorite dishes accompanied with a sweet mango upkari/ dish to celebrate the festival of colors (holi) … Yummilicious ….

** The journey of Thali posts started accidently when friends requested to share them in blog too as I was sharing them then only in food groups. The point of sharing it was it would be helpful in selecting meals to be cooked on normal days, holidays, festival days along with a few for other ocassions too. I have also included sraddha food ie traditional meal prepared on 12th and 13th day on the ocassion of demise or the food prepared during pitra paksha too where in offerings are made to departed soul.

** I have completed 365 thali posts which means there is one for a day of the year though I must have shared more as during initial days of blog I was new and did not actually realize that I need to number them and I could never actually go about doing it later on for lack of time, maybe someday as I come across them I will do so, till then try out and enjoy these with your family. I would like to suggest to all to just take inspiration and try out a mix and match of dishes of your own depending upon your family choices.

** I Would not call this exactly simple thali as it includes both my favorite spicy muddo and sweet mango curry. Sunday’s need to be something special, isn’t it?? and this one definitely is it for those who love Saraswat Meals. I am going to share links to recipes of dishes in Thali above as is my regular pattern with thali posts. Once again, I thank all friends for their valuable suggestions especially on thali posts, it has been a lovely journey, hopefully will add more interesting ones soon, so keep in touch, till then TC.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... do try them out in your home and enjoy with family and friends, they are all tried and tested in my own kitchen many times and are very tasty …

** For “Kadgi Podi (Raw Jackfruit/ Phanas Fries)” Recipe, please follow the link given below …

** For “Ambe Peshe’ Godi Upkari (Ripe Mango Slices Sweet-n-Spicy Curry)” Recipe, please follow the link given below …

** For “Cabbage Onion Jowar (Sorghum) Rice Spicy Muddo Keli pannari (Dumplings in Banana Leaves)” Recipe, please follow the link given below …

** For “Varna (Spiced Moong Dal/ Green Gram Dal)” Recipe, I am sharing a few links below that includes with ground masala and without, you may follow any link given below, I followed the first one adding just powder …

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo/Solo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s, solo and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to send me a feedback if possible, it does encourage me to do that much more.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.