Wednesday, March 20, 2024

My Simple NO (Onion- Garlic- Rice) Veg. Combo Meal.


“My Simple NO (Onion- Garlic- Rice) Veg. Combo Meal~ :: Boondi- Cucumber Raita (Curd Salad), Tarni Kadgi Podi (Tender Jackfruit/ Phanas Fries), Vegetable Masala Barik Lapsi Upma (Rava BhaatH)” … there are many dishes that can be included to make an Upwas/ Fasting day meal soul satifactory … yummilicious ..

** Have you like me always wondered what to cook on fasting/ upwas days that are permissible. Well, in my home I crack my brains more on these days than on normal days about what to be cooked that will be soul satisfactory without breaking into hunger pangs often. I would just like to mention here that by fasting/ upwas, i mean those days on which we abstain from eating dishes prepared with onion, garlic, rice, a ritual followed in most GSB Konkani Saraswat Homes. Off course there are many who follow the pattern of fasting with only milk/ fruits, however in my home we follow this procedure. 

** Spiced rulav/ barik lapsi with addition of veggies is one dish that is tummy filling and loved at home especially when served with plain curds or raita and I always make it a point to prepare it on one of the Ekadashi days of the year though I may follow it a few times more too. Had some tender raw jackfruit/ kadgi, so prepared podi another favorite and enjoyed this simple but tasty day as today is Ekadashi, a day when in my home we do not consume any dishes with onions, garlic or rice, so also non.veg. Sharing links below to recipes of dishes on the picture above, if you too want to try out these dishes.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... do try them out in your home and enjoy with family and friends, they are all tried and tested in my own kitchen many times and are very tasty …

** For “Boondi- Cucumber Raita (Curd Salad)” recipe, please follow the link given below …

** For “Tarni Kadgi Podi (Tender Jackfruit/ Phanas Fries)” recipe, please follow the link given below …

** For “Vegetable Masala Barik Lapsi Upma (Rava BhaatH)” recipe, please follow the link given below …

** Also sharing a common link to all “Upma” dishes posted in my Blog before. They are prepared with rava and almost similar, with minute difference and all of them taste really wonderful, so try them out and enjoy with your family. Do keep a keen watch out for more such wonderful, simple, tasty and healthy recipes to be followed soon in my blog ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.