Thursday, January 27, 2022

My Solo Meal Thali~ 322.


“My Solo Meal Thali~ 322 : Bajjile Happolu (Roasted Papad), Bhenda Chakko (Lady’s Finger semi dry Curry), Tikshe’-Amshe’ Pudina Mire’ Saaru (Spicy-Tangy Mint-Pepper Rasam), SheetHa (Rice)” … rice served with steaming hot saaru and papad is just enough for a simple satisfying meal … but when a delicious chakko with bhendi is added on as a side dish the meal turns out scrumptious, taken to another level altogether … Yummilicious ….

** Hot steaming saaru/ saar or rasam is something almost all Konkani Saraswats or a South Indian loves to have during lunchtime/ meals along with some side dishes though a papad served along serves the purpose of a good satisfying meal for many of us. As I mentioned in my previous saaru post about how I have been wanting to try out this particular saaru with addition of pudina/ mint in larger quantity to make it more aromatic for a long time now, finally done, relished and soul- tummy too, satisfied.

** I simply loved it served with starch free rice along with roasted papad (store bought lijjat papad) though I had prepared bhenda chakko (lady’s finger semi dry masala curry too. In all a wonderful solo meal with one side dish and saar that made my day for sure. Do try the saaru to which I am sharing link here and relish it with rice with your choice of side dishes. Again, the chakko dish is very delicious too which is prepared traditionally with raw jackfruit, but tastes equally good with bhendi, sharing link to the same too.

** My simple meals which I started last year continues as I found them very benefiting on overall health especially when you have had heavy meal previous day or will be having on following day like that of when there are festivals. Frankly, I am loving these simple meals with a dash of tempting side dishes which I serve just a little bit which keeps me not only satisfied but healthy and on my toes all day long. Again, this one can be bracketed on “NO- Onion- Garlic Meal” too, though it was not so for me today … Stay Safe, Stay Blessed.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Bajjile Pappodu (Roasted Papad)” there is no recipe as such, all I did was, just used easily available store bought papads and roasted them on open flame and served

** For “Bhenda Chakko (Lady’s Finger semi dry Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For "Tikshe'-Amshe' Pudina-Mire' Rasam (Spicy- Tangy Mint- Pepper Rasam)" Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo/Solo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s, solo and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to send me a feedback if possible, it does encourage me to do that much more.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.
http://gayathrifoodbytes.blogspot.com/search?q=thali
https://gayathrifoodbytes.blogspot.com/search/label/%23Combo%20Meals
https://gayathrifoodbytes.blogspot.com/search?q=solo+meals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.