Sunday, November 22, 2020

Some of My Thoughts on Advice I read.


** Life is one roller coaster ride and we are still going on in the worst phase of pandemic that of which we really do not know what the outcome will be.  I have always been a reader, though I cannot much catch up on it as much as I would like to in the last decade or so. I unconsciously gave priorities to other things that really turned out to be useless exercise. Things cannot be undone and when you get to retrospect one should go within oneself and try to come to terms or at least understand situations. Though things are not good for the last 8 months with workload being on our own shoulders it has given me time to catch up on reading at nights and I really read into the wee hours as I have nowhere to rush to in the mornings.
 
** Reading is my best friend and I urge all to do so, it never sort of betrays you only enlightens one, off course one should read good matters. I read a lot of spiritual stories which is my favorite too, besides suspense, law and a few other topics. I came across this meme advice from Bhagvad Gita page and thought on it for hours and found it interesting. Decided to share it with a few two bits of my own.  ... I may be wrong in my approach but it my own thoughts that I can write on, so do excuse. Again, the picture is I guess from Google, so I give the credit to them whosoever it is off. 

** Here is my Thoughts_N_Notes on this one .... I guess reaching a state where mind is at total peace is the longest journey in life with lots of ups and downs for each one of use and I am sure all of you had your share  ... but as we reach nearer slowly little by little mental peace creeps in is what I have experienced on myself ... and then I guess it will be total Nirvana  which is yet to be reached or will I, is not what I know off ... but first steps of the journey has to begin ... remember Rome or for that matter anything was not built in one day. The foundation is always laid brick by brick and it takes time. 

** Saving a little bit of money definitely keeps a backing you can rely on at old age that one should make effort in doing, unlike olden days when you were assured that you would be looked after by family, these days there is absolutely no guarantee, so keep your earnings well invested so that you have peace of mind at old age after all, that funds that are left later on always reaches them so let them enjoy the same later, keep yourself well insured. Never put your investments in other hands wherein a day may come when God forbid you may need to beg for your own money. 

** Parents advice  nothing beats it, as it is always a good one based on their own experience and it should be written in golden letters for sure. No parent ever wants ill for their children and will always give sound advice whether you like it or not. Try to ponder on the same weighing all pros and cons and don't be judgmental, as we age we will understand the same was for our own good. I am sure everybody benefits when advice is received from older generation, so go for it. Also always try to follow on their guidelines and what they instilled in you through childhood don't get carried away once you grow up with the fancies of life. 

** Friends can be chosen unlike other relations, they can make you or break you, so tread carefully. A friend is always the one who sees the sorrow in your eyes and not the artificial smile you put on for the benefit of the world. It is said in puranas that always keep friendship with the learned, like minded and good humans otherwise you will run into the same crowd without really asking for it and ruin yourself. Do not hesitate to move away if you find it otherwise. Those who do not understand you or are selfish with self wants are not worth having around. So continue your journey, you are always better of without a head weight hanging on you. 

**  The next one says, learn to be independent  aahhhhaaa, now this is interesting and and the current word "Aatmanirbar" rings into mind immediately as we are all striving to be exactly that now. I can happily vouch for this one, though hubby and me have always been so, there was about 30% dependence on others on certain matters and the present crisis has taught us and brought us back to roots once again for our own good. I had always thought on a good retirement on ageing, that I would take rest as I had slogged a lot to date, but now changed my mind, I learnt that Idle mind and body both will be devils work shop, and no ways do I want to be that. So work, work and work till the shoes are on for sure.  

** Next one is again the best one that I always lecture on to whoever listens. Education is important and should be given to each child without being gender biased. If you have not got one, it is never too late to get self educated or to catch up on reading and this one is my favorite and my soulmate for sure  I really wish I had more time in hand wherein I could just read and move on to another world like Alice in Wonderland and live those characters that I can catch up on. That would really make me the most happiest for sure and I urge all even if it is one page catch up on reading, its worth it and the mental peace you get can just not be described in words for sure. 

** Now comes the priority of looking after ones own Health/ Body  and I guess the new trend of the age is that for sure, unlike ours wherein we just gave that back seat and went on slogging at our job. Yes there are regrets on my side for not giving this utmost priority, the sufferings we face now is our own doing as not only did we not have guidance then but we were totally of a different mental set. But its never too late to try if not fully you can certainly get in a lot by doing so, so keep trying it, lets see for me its a long way to go ... but I don't give up and neither should you, if you are young, do so please, you will not have regrets later.  

** The last one is to love thyself   oh no, this one is again the goofed one for sure, we never ever gave this priority always thought of others before self. It has always been in the back seat for sure, but no worries start now, don't be harsh on self when you go wrong, remember no one perfect, mistakes happen and to err is human. So, take it as a lesson and start taking care of oneself today. Give at least an hour a day to yourself, it is really important, you can pamper yourself by massaging or reading or watching movies or any other hobby that is your favorite. Just carry on and don't give a hoot to what others think. 

** Well, the meme ends and here are a few of my own that I learned over the years ... never speak ill or lowly of others, even if they have deceived you, hurt you or even if it is true in all ways  as in the long run it not only becomes an habit and corrupts one but also comes back in different ways. What you pass on has always a habit of coming back and it is called the completion of circle of life, just like how a circle gets completed so does the same. God gave us eyes on the front to look ahead and not the other way round, just keep your senses on on what's going on behind and just take one step forward at a time.

** As for me, recently I went through a spiritual video which made me realize a lot of things that I need to follow up on too. I too need to mend ways, move ahead without glancing back, let bygones be. It is always in our best interest for each one of us to move away from negativity  as there is much more to a meaningful and peaceful life. Just take in plenty of sunshine  eat good home cooked food  go in for plenty of exercise depending upon your age and ability, do not overdo the same too, but keep yourself active. 


** Above all, what I have always learned and endorsed in life is ... Live and Let Live, there is enough space in this beautiful world for all of us. God's creation is impeccable and is really a wonder that can never be replaced or created by human being, so be thankful for it by preserving and taking care of it. I strongly believe in having faith in God   and trusting him completely, he knows what is the best for each one of us  miracles always happen with his grace happen and yes, you will be OK for sure ... 

Sarva Jana Sukhino Bhavantu (in Sanskrit) meaning Let the entire world be happy. 
OM Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya ... OM Gurubyo Namaha ...  

** Disclaimer : Just my thoughts on the subject and not meant to hurt anybody's sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.