Monday, November 25, 2019

"My Fish Pejje~Thali 164.


"My Fish Pejje~Thali 164 : Piyava Gojju/ Onion Spicy Dip, Visonu Tallele/ King Fish Fry, Harve Kele Talasani/ Raw Banana Bhaji, Ukde Tandla Peja with Toopa/ Red Boiled Rice Porridge topped with Homemade Ghee" ... Today's lunch was Pejje Jevan with fish fry has nostalgic memories as I had it first at my aunt's place when I was just about 12 yrs old and it has always been my fav. combo meal while Piyava Gojju with Pejje Jevan was my Annale favorite ... Yummilicious .... 

** Here is a fish meal combo/thali with Pejja/Rice Porridge instead of rice and it tastes simply scrumptious. Have you ever tried it ? if not, do so, you will be surprised that Pejja and Fish fry goes very well when served together. During my childhood we often visited my Aunt’s home who is a avid fish lover and always prepared fish delicacies. During one such holiday, maybe when I was about 12 years old, I had been to their place with my parents and there was still a lot of time left for lunch. Say about 4 more hours to kill and my stomach was already rumbling as I am a light breakfast eater specially so during childhood and I could not control my hunger. I slowly went into the kitchen to look about as to what was being prepared and the aroma of fish being fried hit my nose and my taste buds without even feeling embarrassed let out a woppiiee to my astonishment. My Aunt looked at me and somehow instantly knew I was hungry, you see Parents are simply wonderful, they read faces very well. She then asked me to sit down, well those days we nicely sat down on floor without a murmur unlike nowadays and she served me a bowl of steaming hot Red Boiled Rice Pejja/Porridge with a large tablespoon of homemade cow’s ghee and along with it she gave a two small pieces of Visonu/King fish fries and some spicy pickle.

** I was uncomfortable with what was served before me, as I had never eaten this combo but boldly gave it a try as I was so hungry that my thinking power was completely lost. I relished the porridge and began breaking pieces of fish fry and munching them too, slowly I began combining them and loved the combo. I gave a thumbs up sign to my Aunty and she was so thrilled that she went out and called my parents to watch this scenario. From that day till date, I make it a point to have porridge-fish fry combo at least a few times a year. My Mom always says that my father too loved the combo plus there was another favorite combo of his ie. Porridge with Piyava Gojju. It seems he always insisted Mom prepares it during the initial days of their marriage for dinner. Later on, being diabetic he avoided Rice Porridge as a meal and had it only rarely say once or twice in a few months period, so somehow the dishes slowly got discontinued. Well today I prepared both along with one simple raw banana bhaji as it was for lunch and not a mid-break/brunch. Once again as mentioned umpteen times before, I will not be including the recipes here, but will be sharing the links to each of the dish in the thali picture above, separately below here, please do go through the link for that particular dish that you wish to try out and do give me feedback if possible. 


** Following are the links to the items in the Fish Pejje~Thali presented above. Each link is given below the particular dish title ...... 

1.. For “Piyava Gojju/Onion Spicy Dip” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

2.. For “Visonu/ Surmai Tallele (King Fish Fry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

3. For “Harve Kele Talasani/ Raw Banana Bhaji” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

4. For “Ukde Tandla Peja” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 23 K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.