Saturday, December 29, 2018

Deep Fried (Sun dried/Takka Mirsanga) Chillies Kismuri/Salad.


“Deep Fried (Sun dried/Takka Mirsanga) Chillies Kismuri/Salad” … A delicious kismuri , salad sort of dish from Konkani Saraswat Cuisine, served as side dish along with other dishes, tastes simply awesome when served fresh …. 

** Dried Chillies or Takka Mirsanga are chillies that are soaked in buttermilk for about 3 days and then sun dried during summer months. These are easily available in stores, though they are prepared in homes too. I buy a small packed that lasts me through the monsoon as only my hubby relishes it, while I find it too spicy and I never like eating any dish with tears dropping tap tap tap from my eyes. I would rather eat something with joy spelling out of my eyes. Sigh, but to each one their own liking's, some like it spiced up, some do not but this kismuri solves both issues. 

** This is a simple kismuri prepared and served as side dish, here I have crushed and added on the deep fried dried chillies (takka mirsanga) which I always purchase from stores, to finely chopped onions along with freshly grated coconut and a dash of lemon, that’s it. When the year comes to an end, I really would like to finish off the stocks, so that I can purchase the new ones later on, and whenever I want to finish it off, I prepare this kismuri as mixing it with the onions etc. cuts down the spice level and can be relished with ease by all, including me. 

** The recipe is nothing elaborate, same as the other kismuri recipe, but here there is no addition of green chillies or oil etc. All you have got to do is deep fry the chillies and use them, that’s it, Isn’t it easy. But one word of caution, you cannot mix this prior and keep, it should be mixed up just before serving time or else the crispiness of the chillies vanishes and it turns out limp which is not at all appealing. But, yes you can do all the other preparations ahead and keep things ready and mix the same just before serving. 


** Recipe for the Kismuri : Just peel of 2-3 large sized onions and finely chop them. Put it in a bowl along with 3-4 tblsp of freshly grated coconut. Now deep fry 6-8 sun dried (takka mirsanga) chillies, crush them once they have cooled down and add to the above ingredients, add a dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice (Optional) and mix well, serve immediately. 

** Note : You can increase or decrease the addition of fried chillies depending upon your spice level. You can garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves too, if needed, I do not, neither do I add salt to the kismuri as the deep fried chillies have enough salt in them, so does the lime, you may do so if need be. 

** “Deep Fried (Sun dried/Takka Mirsanga) Chillies Kismuri/Salad” is done and ready to be served. Serve this as a side dish immediately with any dish of your choice like dal-rice/ chawal or saar with chawal etc. This is a dry salad sort of a dish that is quite popular in Konkani Saraswat Cuisine specially prepared with bitter gourds / karela which I have already posted before. Try this and enjoy with your family and friends. 

** I am sharing a common link for the recipe of “Kismuri”, please check through the link you will find many combos of the same some with masala too, try them out and enjoy with your family and friends. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" where in you will find many more recipes by members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.