Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Tomato ~ Cucumber Sandwich” With Mint Chutney.


“Tomato ~ Cucumber Sandwich With Mint Chutney" … This is a simple open sandwich that is a breeze work to prepare if you have the chutney ready … A delicious snack that can be enjoyed any time of the day … Yummy Yumz … 


Once again this is a simple sandwich that can be prepared in a jiffy if you have the chutney, tomatoes and cucumber ready, off course bread too. As I always say preparation of Sandwiches is breeze work if you have things ready with you, especially if you come home tired after a long day’s work and are in no mood to cook a meal / dinner. A light dinner or sandwich is a very great way of relaxing and ending the day with a happy note …. I mean tummy full. Dhania / Coriander ~ Mint / Pudina Chutney is something I usually have in my fridge. If not the same I do see to it that there is some sort of chutney always ready at home. I make it a point to prepare it on a regular basis so that I am able to cope up with dishes in a jiffy. At least if I am aware I will be busy for a few days, then I surely see to it that I prepare it way ahead and keep it in freezer. I have already written quite a lot on sandwiches before, so I will not repeat. This one is really a simple open sandwich that hardly takes 5 mins to assemble. 


** Here is to the preparation of ... Tomato ~ Cucumber Sandwich With Mint Chutney

** Wash and cut into thin slices 2 large sized tomatoes.

** Peel off the skin and cut into thin slices 1 large of 2 medium sliced cucumbers.

** In a bowl add in required tomato ketchup. Say about 2-3 tblsps. Now add in one cup of mint.- pudina chutney or any other coriander / sandwich chutney of your choice to the ketchup and mix it with slightly. No need of mixing the two too well. Just one or two swirls. 

** Note : You can apply the same separately too, but this is a sort of short cut when in hurry and it does taste yummy. Try it once and you will always follow this method when you are short of time or just want to wind up the work fast. 

** Tava fry the bread slices (I used Brown Bread, you may use any) with a little bit of butter spread on them. Continue with the amount of bread slices you need. Keep them ready. 

** Note : You can leave out the step of frying the bread slices with butter and simply apply them on one side of the bread that goes the inside side only two. Will be posting that way soon too. 

** Apply mint / pudina chutney – tomato ketchup mix on the top side of the bread slices facing upwards. Now keep tomato slices and cucumber slices arranged haphazardly in a layer. Apply the chutney – ketchup mix to another slice of bread and place it on the arranged sandwich putting the chutney – ketchup side inner side. 

** Press the sandwich with even pressure slightly and then with the help of a serrated knife cut it across to form into two triangles. You can again give another cut to the bread and cut them again into two triangles if you want small sized sandwiches, especially for children, who will otherwise keep dropping the fillings. 

** Simple Open Tomato ~ Cucumber Sandwich with Mint Chutney is ready to be served. Serve them immediately or else they will turn limp or go soggy. Sandwiches are best served freshly assembled they really taste yumz. Serve immediately with additional tomato ketchup if required or as it is.

** This is a simple open sandwich for a light mid snack or dinner. I have neither grilled it nor added on cheese, eggs, or potatoes as I wanted to keep it simple and light. You can add them on too. Just use the search option for sandwich and you will get many more recipes of the same.

** An earnest Request : For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you.

** For the Pudina / Mint Chutney, Please follow the link given below ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.