Sunday, October 8, 2023

Ambade Godda Ravo (Hogplums in Jaggery Syrup) with Tandla Oondi (Steamed Rice Dumplings).


“Tikshe-Amshe- Godshe Ambade Godda Ravo (Spicy- Tangy- Sweet Hogplums in Jaggery Syrup) served with Tandla Oondi/ Undi (Steamed Rice Dumplings)” … godda ravo with Oondi is a match ade in heaven, … a classic combination of dishes from GSB Konkani Saraswat Cuisine … this is definitely a outstanding combination with flavours bursting out in every bite … the tartness of hogplums infused takes the godda ravo to another level … do try this combination and relish, when hoplums are still in season … Yummilicious ….

** I have always loved giving a little bit of twist to traditional dishes while keeping the basics intact and simple and most of time it has turned out tastier than original, giving immense satisfaction on relishing to heart’s content. “Godda Ravo” is a traditional jaggery based cardamom flavored syrup served with “Tandla Oondi/ Undi (steamed Rice Dumplings)” or “Panpolo (Neer Dosa)” during breakfast.

** While traditional dishes are at par excellence by themselves without one tampering into them, there is always a scope for improvising on the same to suite one’s taste or family preferences. In my home, we are not very fond of sweet combinations and though we do not dislike sweets, as there are plenty of them which we love, we definitely prefer something mildly spiced served with these breakfast dishes.

** This desire to have something to our liking is what led me to try out godda ravo in different flavors as chutney though tastes good when served along as is done so in some home, in my opinion it’s not the best choice with oondi/ panpolo. Try out the combo of these items with my version of this khatHa meetHa teekHa godda ravo and I am sure you will agree. There is something so bonding of them when served together.

** "Oondi (steamed Rice Dumplings)”, is a traditional breakfast item from GSB Konkani Saraswat Cuisine that has a few variations in which they can be prepared. I have shared quite a few varieties while a few are still lying in draft mode, then there are many more that are making the rounds in my mind which I would like to try out. Simply put, l will be sharing them all soon, till then do try this one out, its awesome.

** This post is not on recipe but just written to share a few of my personal thoughts, do excuse. I am sharing a few links below to recipes of the dishes in the posted picture for easy access. As I often say, life is not about always being duty bound, but about leading a meaningful one, by spreading love and happiness and good food plays an important role in binding families and relationships.

** I always believe in "Sharing Is Caring" and this Blog, a little bit space of my own, is where I share my recipes, thoughts, notes etc. I am thankful to all my friends who have been a part of this beautiful journey. There’s surely going to be more recipes coming your way, so do subscribe to my Blog, follow me on my facebook page or on instagram to stay connected and carry on this journey together to new heights.

** Subscribe to my Blog @ ...

** Follow me on Instagram @ …

** Follow my facebook page @ ....

** Given below are the links to the recipes in the picture above and a few more common links to similar ones, please browse through in leisure ….

** For “Tikshe-Amshe- Godshe Ambade Godda Ravo (Spicy- Tangy- Sweet Hogplums in Jaggery Syrup)” Recipe, please follow the link given below …

** For more “Godda ravo/ sweet Jaggery syrup” Recipes …. please browse through the common link shared below below …

** Also, sharing a common link to all “Oondi” recipes shared in the blog before, you can try out any of them and serve it with again any one of the godda ravo recipes shared too, they all taste well when served together in combination …….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.