Monday, October 17, 2022

My Healthy Veg. Thali~ 343.


My Healthy Veg. Thali~ 343 When its lunchtime everything else takes a back seat …in my thali ... Karate’ Podi (Karela/ Bitter Gourd Fries), Kirlailele Mooga Kismuri (Sprouted Green Gram Dry Masala Curry), Bhenda Upkari (Lady’s Finger Stir Fry/ Bhaji), Tomato Saaru/ Saar, Surai SheetHa (Steamed Rice)” … a lovely meal indeed to relish at home with family and friends … Yummilicious …

** I have shared in this space how monsoon and winter bring out my backache and neck issues and NO I am not at all writing it for sympathy, no ways, if anything, I am trying to reach out to those in my condition to help them cheer up. Trust me, those who go through the woes will understand what I write and will agree too, but then that’s life, if by my writing and if by your reading a little bit of tension is eased, then why not??

** With Monsoon almost reaching its end, things are sorted a bit, atleast for another two months or so till winter, things are going to be hopefully good. This time monsoon was bad, it still rains in the evenings, and the weather is unpredictable through daytime, which really plays havoc for all and for us with back and neck issues, its worst. Anyways, took a good break for almost a year now and hopefully will be blogging more often.

** Coming to bhendi/ okra/ lady’s finger bhaji which you often find in my thali, I must confess that I have begun having it more often as my Doctor has advised me to eat more alkaline foods. So until I find more options, its Bhendi for now as it is easy to cook and my favorite too. Off course Ayurveda suggests to have it in limits, hence my desire to have it as side dish on daily basis gets curtailed. Well, to all of you who have no issues do include them.

** Coming to kismuri ie a dry masala side dish from Konkani Saraswat Cuisine is loved very much in my home and I often prepare it in different combinations. Here is another one with sprouted moong which tastes fantastic served as side dish with rice, though it’s wonderful with roti too. Sharing links to recipes of the items in my thali shared above as is my usual practice, do try them out and enjoy with family and friends, they are all very tasty.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... do try them out in your home and enjoy with family and friends, they are all tried and tested in my own kitchen many times and are very tasty …

** For “Karate’ Podi (Karela/ Bitter Gourd Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the links shared below … here I would like to mention that I have tava fried them this time as I am trying to avoid excess oil, it is easy, just apply a film of oil of tava, place the prepared karela pieces and fry on both sides flipping over till crisp and done on medium flame … You can also follow the deep fried or air fried method if desired to which I have shared links below …

** For “Kirlailele Mooga Kismuri (Sprouted Green Gram Dry Masala Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Bhenda Upkari (Lady’s Finger Bhaji/ Sitr fry)” recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Tomato Saaru/ Saar” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.