Thursday, July 14, 2022

Haldi Paana/ Turmeric Leaves in my window sill.


"Haldi Paana/ Turmeric Leaves in my window sill" .

Oh, how I missed the aroma of fresh turmeric leaves to the gust of blowing winds, with rains the scent of air doubles in and around these leaves … also with heavy rains they really look like dancing in joy swaying left and right and then taking bow at times and it is a joy to watch it as you breathe in the fragrance ... before you think what's so new in it??? well, to me it’s a boon, sort of wish coming true after a looooong gap of 27 yrs ...

** i now realize why cheppi kheeri and patholi prepared using home grown haldi leaves are much more tantalizing than when prepared with purchased one, not to mention they mix some other familiar looking leaves ... having not much of sunlight for all these years, the tree that was bending at 40 deg angle almost reaching out to touch the walls of my building, unfortunately had to be brought down ... 


** That's the very reason why sunlight started reaching out to my windows, though summers are now going to be much warmer, the joy of getting to grow some desired potted plants is more than welcome ... threw in some haldi mande/ turmeric roots in a pot having little hopes but when small leaves cropped up I was thrilled and often used to touch them to smell if they truly were turmeric leaves or was nature trying to fool me ... 

** But they grew in bunches and one could smell the aroma from a distance of a feet when the breeze blew over ... no I have yet to pick out a few leaves, but with rains pouring crazily for a week I found them dancing and spreading irresistible aroma and all I could visualize was a bowl of steaming hot cheppi kheeri my most favorite dish ... i am sure all amchi’s are thinking about patholi, muddo and cheppi kheeri ....


** So am I ... so am I … so am I … ahhhaaa… Nag Panchami is round the corner, best to be offered as Naivedyam, don't you'll agree ... after that there is no stopping in gulluming ... turmeric leaves are so, so, so tempting ... no, I won’t mention about its health benefits, I am sure everybody knows that from roots, to flowers to leaves they are all useful having Ayurvedic medicinal properties … 

** so, just enjoy it when you can, life is so beautiful with good food and friends … bolne keliye, choti choti batien hey, lekin man ko aur dil ko hameshaa yahin sookoon detein hey ... I am sure most of my friends will agree with me .... God's creation is amazing beyond words, so much of blessings in the name of nature ... Bhagwan ki leela wohi jaane, hum insaan jo soch na sakhe woh karke dikhata hey ... 

// OM Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya //  

** Disclaimer : These are Just my own Thoughts I pen down from time to time. Not meant to be taken on serious note, also not meant to offend/ hurt anybody's sentiments, do excuse if done, as it is not intentional. Having written My Thoughts and Notes, I still conclude that LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL and there is more to it than meets the eye. So, always be Positive, Always have Faith In God, he knows the best for us, and does so at the appropriate time … Stay Safe- Blessed and have a lovely year 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.