Tuesday, March 1, 2022

My Simple Solo Meal Thali~ 329.


“My Simple Solo Meal Thali~ 329: Mixed Fruit Jam (store bought), Rava Bhakri with Carrots, Coriander- Fresh Turmeric- Ginger- Gooseberry- Coconut Chutney (Kottambari Pallo- Tarne Haldi mande- Alle’- Avalo- Soyi ghalnu Chutney), Curds (Dahi), Loni Butter)” … here is my simple NO – Onion- Garlic- Rice Meal for upwas/ fasting days … Yummilicious ….

** Today being Shiva Ratri, an auspicious day for Hindus who observe a fast, I prepared this simple lunch with NO – Onion- Garlic- Rice as is the tradition in my home. We do not keep a full fast like many do by not consuming anything at all or maybe milk and fruits. I did observe it that way during younger days, but with advanced age and health related issues, having to take medicines it becomes difficult, may be in future someday, I will do so again, but for a decade or so now, we observe all types of fasting/ upwas by having simple veggie meal as mentioned above. It does keep us in good condition as we follow this pattern for almost 10-12 days in a month and on certain, festive occasions too. Sharing links to the recipes of the items in the thali above as is my usual practice as they are already blogged before, do browse through, try them and enjoy with family and friends, they as taste lovely and are easy to prepare too. 

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** “Mixed Fruit Jam” is store bought, so do excuse. I have stopped preparing them these days as we have cut down on sweet dishes and it always remains unused in my fridge for months together. However, I am sharing a common link below to the few “Jam” items prepared with fresh fruits in blog before. You can serve with any jam of your choice or leave it out to. Its just that children these days prefer it.

** For “Rava Bhakri with Carrots” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Coriander- Fresh Turmeric- Ginger- Gooseberry- Coconut Chutney (Kottambari Pallo- Tarne Haldi mande- Alle’- Avalo- Soyi ghalnu Chutney)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** You can also check out on preparation of “pefect curds at home” in the link shared below, it turns out perfect …

** “Loni Butter)” is again homemade, I am sure all know how to prepare it, however do excuse, somehow I keep forgetting to edit and post, though the pictures are all clicked and ready … I will try my best to do so soon.

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo/Solo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s, solo and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to send me a feedback if possible, it does encourage me to do that much more.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.