Sunday, April 3, 2022

My Delicious Fish Thali~ 330.


“My Delicious Fish Thali~ 330 : Tava Fried Visonu (King Fish/ Surmai), Pedve Teppala Losun ghalnu Gashi (Sardines Sichuan Pepper Garlic Curry), Matti Gulla Mashinga Sanga Talasani (Udupi Green Brinjal Drumstick Bhaji), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice)” … after longtime a lip smacking meal with all dishes from Konkani Saraswat Cuisine for fishitarians … Yummilicious …

** Fish meals on Sunday’s are always a treat that was denied for quite some time now. With hectic lifestyle, I somehow do not find time to cook much these days and then for no reason at all I just feel like doing nothing. I would also like to wish all a happy Gudi Padva/ Ugadi/ Sansar Padvo/ Hindu New Year which started off in a pleasant note for me from yesterday. After giving a lot of thought and finishing cooking of dal, rice, talasani I still had plenty of time, so decided to surprise hubby by preparing his favorite fish curry.

** Unfortunately by the time I reached nearby vendor almost all varieties were over and I was left with no choice. Though I am not much fond of sardines she insisted that I buy them as they were fresh. Well, that’s it I came home and was about to start cooking when my phone rang and it was my fish vendor who requested me to buy king fish/ visonu/ surmai which she had kept aside for other customer who had not dropped by. Well, I happily bought them as surmai is my favorite and I can just have my meal with it.

** I decided to prepare a few pieces of surmai tava fry, sardines curry while the rest of the meal had already been done. Those who love fish, will understand the joy in relishing them after a longtime. All the dishes are from our own Konkani Saraswat Cuisine which have been already shared before, so just adding on the links to them below which you may click on, browse through as and when desired. There are many more delicious Veg and Non.Veg dishes in the blog which you can give a try too.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... do try them out in your home and enjoy with family and friends, they are all tried and tested in my own kitchen many times and are very tasty …

** For “Tava Fried Visonu (King Fish/ Surmai)” Recipe, Please follow the links given below … 

** For “Pedve Teppala Losun ghalnu Gashi (Sardines Sichuan Pepper Garlic Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Matti Gulla Mashinga Sanga Talasani (Udupi Green Brinjal Drumstick Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. I have shared two links ... one is with the addition of drumstick while the other is only brinjal, again one has garlic seasoning and the other has hing. Also here I have used matti gulla a variety of green round ball shaped brinjal from the place mattu near udupi. You can use any brinjal and drumstick for this bhaji and season with garlic or otherwise as shared in the recipes.

** For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.