Friday, March 24, 2023

A Collage of "Panak, Panna, Lemonade".


“Panak, Panna, Lemonade” … while “Panak” is a Sweet- Spicy- Tangy traditional coolant from GSB Konkani Saraswat Cuisine that is served during festive times like Ram Navami, Ganesha Jayanthi, Teru (Ratha Saptami/ Car Festival), SatyaNarayana Pooja or any other festive days … “Panna” is a coolant from in and around Maharashtra prepared with raw mangoes when in season to be served to beat the heat … “Lemonade/ Sharbat” is a worldwide famous coolant that instantly lowers the body temperature caused due to heat stress or sun-stroke … sharing collage of just a few of my favorite coolants relished to get respite from heat during summer while you will find many more in my Blog … Yummillicious ….

** “Panak” as I mentioned above is a Sweet- Spicy- Tangy Traditional Konkani Saraswat Drink served during festive times like Ram Navami, Ganesha Jayanthi, Teru (Ratha Saptami/ Car Festival), SatyaNarayana Pooja/ Hindu festive days or on weekends/ holidays. This delicious coolant is even prepared in jaggery form ready to use method in southern parts of India. I have posted that Jaggery picture elsewhere in the panak posts. During summer when the heat is high, this coolant is supposed to be a coolant with added benefits of iron in the goda/ jaggery along with lemons.

** "Panak" is one of our favorite coolant at home and though the taste of the prepared panak served in temples is difficult to achieve as it is always God’s grace that takes prepared food totally to a different level, I must confess that I have just come close to the same in taste. Over 3 decades of preparing this panak/ coolant often at home, I have come out with my own concoctions of panak’s that I prepared with various combinations and they have all turned out delicious with added on health benefits as many a times I have applied a base of fruits or veggies in preparation of the same.

** "Kairi ka panna (Raw Mango Coolant)" is also a very popular summer drink from the state of Maharashtra in India. Every home, every corner of the street or shops seems to be having them either to be sold or to be relished during the month of summer when raw mangoes are plenty in season. People serve this drink chilled during festivals, celebrations, and road shows, as is the tradition during Gudi Padwa/ Samsar Padva/ Ugadi/ Hindu New Year. This is a khatta meetha theekha (tangy sweet spicy) drink, that is awesome to sip on and yes that’s exactly the way I prepare it.

** Lemonade/ Lime drinks as all know is one of the healthiest and best summer drink that not only tastes great when served chilled but also gives instant relief from heat and sun- strokes. There are so many lemonade recipes shared in my blog in different concoctions that you will be spoiled for choice. Then there are fruit drinks too which are also an excellent way to beat the summer heat. I could not accommodate them all in the collage and hence its festive time of Chaitra Navaratri, I thought it appropriate to share panak, panna and lemonade pictures for view, for all of you to try out and relish.

** The collage includes picture of only a few drinks while there are many more in the Blog. Do try “Traditional Chilled Panak” recipe shared, it is prepared in every Konkani Saraswat home on Rama Navami festive day and tastes fantastic. “Traditional Kairi (Raw Mango) Panna” is also a must during Gudi Padwa/ Ugadi/ Hindu New Year. The others are just adaptions of panak/ panna/ lemonade which I loved experimenting and have all turned out excellent. I am sharing a few common links to all coolants posted in the Blog for easy access, do browse through, try and relish them.

** Let us all prepare, serve and enjoy these drinks during festive/ holidays at home with our family and friends during coming summer time. Do remember to keep a keen eye on my Blog for more easy, healthy and delicious recipes. You can also browse through more than thousand’s of recipes/ combo meals/ thali/ side dishes etc. already shared here and try them out in your own home. You can send me a mail if there is query and I will be glad to sort it out if it is within my knowledge. Do give me a feedback whenever possible of the dishes you try out from Blog as it motivates me to do more.

** Given below are common links to the coolants for easy access ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.