Friday, October 4, 2019

Kodo Millet-Gherkins Masala Bhaat with Beetroot Raita.


"Beetroot Raita (Salad with Curds) and Kodo Millet (Varagu/ Harka/ Kodra)~ Gherkins (Ivy Gourd/ Tendle/ Tondli) Masala BhaatH" ... No Onion- No Garlic- No Rice on 3rd Day of Navratri ... Sweet Potato Chivda/Farsan is store bought ... Stay Blessed~ Spread Happiness ..... 

** As I mentioned before today too on Navratri day I decided to go on No onion- No Garlic- No Rice, one meal a day in my home. A few days back I had prepared masala bhaat with Varai which was loved by all so tried the same with kodo millet adding on gherkins. Tondli Bhaat is a famous Maharashtrian dish that we all like very much, so why not with millets as they can be had when observing a fast. It turned out awesome and I served it with beetroot raita. Again beetroot raita is common in my home, but therein we do add onions or sprouts etc. this time I prepared with only grated beetroot with some spices as beetroots are good for digestion and millets are a little bit tough on body till body learns to absorb the same. I have already posted both the dishes separately and this is just a combo meal pattern that I love to make a separate post of as it gives an idea for many on combination of dishes. Sharing the links to the recipes in the picture of thali above. Have a lovely festive time and Enjoy with your family and friends and do try out various dishes posted in the blog and remember to give me a feedback. 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

1.. For “Beetroot Raita (Salad with Curds)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

2. For “Kodo Millet (Varagu/Harka/Kodra)~Gherkins (Ivy Gourd/ Tendle/Tondli) Masala BhaatH" Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 22 K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.