Tuesday, March 5, 2019

My Sunday Non.Veg. Thali 105.


"My Sunday Non. Veg. Thali 105. ... Ambuli-Loshne' Gooli (Raw Mango-Garlic Chutney), Cauliflower Bajo (Bajia/Fries), Onion-Tomato-Carrot Salad, Kulitha (Horse Gram) Saar, Ukde SheetHa (Red Boiled Rice), Khubbe Randai with Hinga Uddak (Clams Fish Curry with Asafoetida)" ... Yummilicious .....  

** Once again I am happy to share a Thali, that I simply relished having. I had been longing to have clams/khubbo for a long time now, but somehow large fresh ones are never available with my fish vendor in my vicinity. I have to go to the main market, which I find very tedious and hectic to do so. As for the lunch, I had already prepared Ambuli-Loshne' Gooli (Raw Mango-Garlic Chutney) my favorite which usually I like to have with peja/rice porridge. I had also prepared Kulitha saar along with rice and salad. All I had to do was prepare the cauliflower bajo which I had seasoned and kept ready. There was enough time left so decided to go out to purchase a few items and just when I was crossing the road, my fish vendor who had seen me started waving to me to meet her. She literally started calling me, so I went ahead to find the reason and when I reached her, she told me she had clams that were fresh and good. To my dismay she even started packing them for me gleefully and I stood there wondering what to do.

** I hesitated to purchase as I had already finished my cooking and did not want to go home and again start cook as I really was in no mood for it. In addition, I could not keep it for the next day too as it was Maha Shivratri, a pious day for all Hindus when we observed a fast. However, I also knew that she would not take No for an answer, finally, temptation got the better of me and I went home with the clams and cooked hummana which is easy and fast to prepare unlike other dishes. So in all I had another accidental addition of dish to the thali which was a pleasant surprise to hubby when he came for lunch. Guess some days thinks just ball out to one and make it a very pleasant one. I will not write more, but will share the links to each of the recipes in the thali presented. Again, this is just a combo dishes in my thali, you can mix and match dishes of your own choice and try them out. It is always a pleasure to have thali dishes once in a way specially if it’s a weekend and you want to enjoy the food sitting with your family. Just choose that dish which you would like to try out and enjoy it with your family and friends. 


** Given Below are the links to each Individual posts of the recipes to the dishes in the Thali above … Please go through the links for the same ... 

1.. For the “Ambuli-Loshne' Gooli (Raw Mango-Garlic Chutney)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

2. For the “Cauliflower Bajo (Bajia/Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

3. For the “Onion-Tomato-Carrot Salad” Recipe, Please follow the link given below. The recipe is the same except that in this one a cup of grated carrot has been added. I have also included a common link below it for salad, wherein there are plenty of salad recipes, You can choose any that you like to try out and relish the same …. 

4. For the “Kulitha (Horse Gram) Saar” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

5. For the “Method of Cooking Red Boiled Rice using pressure cooker”, Please follow the link given below …

6. For the “Khubbe Randai with Hinga Uddak/Clams Fish Curry with Asafoetida” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.