Tuesday, February 20, 2018

My Non.Veg (Fish) Thali~ 42.


"My Non.Veg (Fish) Thali~ 42 : Ambuli- Karbeva Chutney (Raw Mango~ Curry Leaves Chutney), Tallele Visonu/ Surmai (King Fish Fry), Cabbage Upkari/ Bhaji with Ginger, Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice)" ... a slice of crisp fried fish tastes awesome served with dal- chawal- bhaji and goes a long way in making an simple meal that much more tastier for fishitarians ... Yummilicious …

** Posting My Thali after a long gap of over a month. I always want to post more thali as I want to share combos that are well combined and enjoyed during mealtime. But at times I forget to click or family is in a hurry or I just can’t find the time. I try my best to edit as soon as possible but somehow I am sorry to say I lag behind in blogging. I have so many in draft mode that are yet to be published. This thali has simple food combo, a piece of fish fry makes the thali so much elaborate that you feel like having more of the same. 

** A simple thali meal for lunch with our own soul satisfying amchi style dishes ie recipes from GSB Konkani Saraswat Cuisine, which is always a favorite at home. All dishes included are veg. with the exception of surmai/ visonu fries, which actually enhances the meal as we love it the most among all fish fries. I try making my meals simple which includes veggies, dal, rice etc. in required proportions and its quite interesting as I really have no nutritional knowledge of the same. I just follow age old traditions or how amma prepared meals. 

** I have shared all recipes in the blog before to which I am sharing links below, as is my usual practice with sharing of thali posts. Just click on the link for that particular recipe and check out on others too, they are all tasty and plenty of combinations have already been shared. Go ahead and Enjoy them with your family and friends in your home and if you have any query do drop in a comment and I will try to get back as soon as possible, till then do browse through in leisure and enjoy good food.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... do try them out in your home and enjoy with family and friends, they are all tried and tested in my own kitchen many times and are very tasty …

** For “Ambuli ~ Karbeva ~ Loshne’ Gooli / Raw Mango ~ Curry Leaves ~ Garlic Chutney” … A spicy-tangy-aromatic chutney (tikshe-amshe-parmbali gooli) ... I would call it green goodness ... that goes very well with dosa/ bhakri/ roti … But best with peja/ rice porridge … Yummilicious …

** Note : The recipe is the same as above, I just added out some water to make it into thinner consistency chutney …

** For “Tava Fried Visonu/ Surmai”... King fish fried applying simple masala to crisp. You can deep fry or tava fry the same. Tastes awesome with any dish as a accompaniment.

** For “Cabbage~Ginger Upkari” … A simple bhaji with cabbage and lots of ginger that tastes delicious as a side dish / accompaniment along with other dishes.

** For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)" …. A delicious Konkani Saraswat Dal that tastes well with rice. A must during every meal in our community, we simply love our dal with rice.

** For “Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa” … Rice cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch. The rice remains well cooked without sticking to each other … Do try this formula / method of cooking as it is very healthy.

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.
** You can also click on the link below for checking the same.

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.