Wednesday, March 27, 2019

My Simple Amchi Thali 112.


"My Simple Amchi Thali 112. ... Mitta Ghallele Sallache' (Gharo) Sukke/Brined Raw Jackfruit Dry Masala Curry, Ambe' Godi Upkari (Ripe Mango Sweet Curry), Beetroot Upkari (Bhaji), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal) and SheetHa (Rice)" ... Simple-Tasty tummy full lunch today ... Yummilicious .......

** Again it is a simple Amchi lunch that is really tummy filling and heartwarming after working in the hot sun all morning. Mumbai heat is rising higher day by day and frankly it is difficult even to eat after gulping all morning cold water and nariyal paani/tender coconut water. But after being out for over 5-6 hours that too in the scorching heat, all you want to do is go home, sit with ease and eat a good meal, then have a good nap of an hour or so to get rejuvenated for the evening session which again is sure going to be a hectic one. Being year end for all business people, we are really working round the clock and added on to it is elections that are round the corner so all our committed official work has to be handed over in time. Sigh, March is that time of the year when I roam around feeling like a zombie with so many things lined up. The coming up of Samsar Padvo (Gudi Padva) and Ram Navami the famous Hindu festivals, is another community duty that has to be attended to which preparations also have started as it is done so from a month ahead. So do excuse me, as my posts are getting shorter by day and yes, I assure you once this month passes off smoothly, I will try to be much more innovative with fresh Ideas of food for all my friends. For now it is a this simple amchi thali, that is sure going to be loved by your family if they like jackfruits curries, try it, its awesome. 

** As you all know for Konkani Saraswats / GSB’s Dalitoy and Rice in itself is a pleasure to relish even with some curry leaves or garlic chutney pitti (powder) and if there is beetroot upkari, my food is really done and my tummy is really happy as these are my favorite. The added bonus here is Ambe’ godi upkari ie Ripe Mango curry which is a common dish in amchi homes when ripe mangoes are in season. It is just a week or so since these curry mangoes have come into market and made way into my home, so we are enjoying them almost every day. All dishes are a delight to relish upon and in all a very satisfying combo meal if you love amchi ie konkani food the traditional way and yes, this one is just that a traditional meal in every way. Once again sharing the links to the recipes without repeating them again as they have already been blogged before and is my usual practice of posting when I post thali. Here I have used brined non-ripe jackfruit, you can use them also fresh as they are available in the market now. I needed to finish of the brined ones so I am emptying them. There are a few other dishes like sanna polo and khotto prepare using them, you can use the search option and try them out too. Do go through the links for the recipes and try them out and relish with your family and friends. 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

1.. For the “Mitta Ghallele Sallache' (Gharo) Sukke/Brined Raw Jackfruit Dry Masala Curry” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

2. For the “Ambe Godi Upkari / Mango Sweet Curry” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

3. For the “Beetroot Upkar/Bhaji” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

4. For the “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

5. For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.