Monday, March 18, 2019

Beetroot-Onion-Moong Sprouts Salad.


"Beetroot-Onion-Moong Sprouts Salad" ... A simple delicious and healthy seasoned raw veggie salad with high protein benefits from spouted whole green moong / mung bean ... tastes great as as a side dish .... 

** Salads are easy to prepare and a great accompaniment with thali dishes or just as it is too. Salads should be a part of your diet at least minimum 3-4 times a week, either during lunch or dinner time. If you can make it every day, then it is still better, but many a times it is easier said than done. I always have a box full of green moong sprouts ready in my fridge for the past 5 years, after I was suggested to eat them. I just add on a generous amount to the salads and my requirement of daily dose is done. If not, I just munch on a handful of the same at mid morning with my juice or a fruit, it is that easy. Well, again I won’t run into more details on salads as I have written so much already about them. This salad too, I have posted before but with the addition of curds, which we call as raita and tastes great with roti, pulav etc. This one is the same one but drier in consistency as there is no addition of curds, sort of raw veggie salad which my hubby loves a lot. 

** Here is my simple method of preparing "Beetroot-Onion-Moong Sprouts Salad" … My Style … 

** You will need about one cup of sprouted whole green moong, which as I mentioned above is always ready in my fridge for preparation of salads. You must do it too and if you are not aware of the sprouting method of the moong beans, I am sharing a link at the bottom of this recipe wherein you will find the method and supporting pictures too. 

** Peel off the skin of one large sized onion and cut them into medium-small sized pieces and put them in a wide stainless steel bowl. 

** Peel of the skin of one large sized beetroot, wash it and then grate it on a medium sized grated and add this also to the onion in the bowl. 

** Now add in the sprouted moong to the bowl and mix all the ingredients once. Add in 3-4 finely chopped green chillies (+/- depending on your spice level), salt to taste, dash of hing (asafoetida), pinch of coarsely crushed pepper powder and freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon. 

** Give a good mix/toss to the salad mixture in the bowl, till they are evenly and well coated with the spices. Lastly garnish with a handful of finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well. I did not add as I did not have any at home. 


** "Beetroot-Onion-Moong Sprouts Salad" is done and ready to be served. Always serve salad immediately on mixing with spices or else the water content in the veggies leave out and make it messy. Enjoy this salad as an accompaniment to dishes in your thali or as it is with some soup or chapatti too, tastes great. 

** If for any reason, you cannot prepare the salad last minute and need to prepare and keep it ready before hand. In that case prepare the veggies and keep them separately in box in the fridge. Add the spice mixture keeping in mind the whole quantity to the sprout mixture only and then mix them up just before serving. 

** For the “Method of Sprouting Beans”, Please follow the link given below … 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.