Tuesday, April 24, 2018

My Thali ~ 50.


My 50th Thali Post ~ Hitting half a century .... It gives me immense pleasure in sharing this delicious Amchi Konkani Saraswat Cuisine Thali that includes ... Kulith Upkari (Horse Gram Bhaji), Nendrabale Kele Podi (Ripe Banana Fries), Beetroot Upkari (Bhaji), Kulith Saaru (Horse Gram Saar), SheetHa (Rice), Kadgi Chakko (Raw Jackfruit semi dry curry) And King of Fruits Appus Ambo (Alphonso Mango) … Yumz ...

Once again posting a Delicious combo of dishes in My Thali for all my friends here. It gives me immense pleasure in posting my 50th thali post. I hope I have helped out some of you if not many in deciding the menu plans, which is the main purpose for posting of Thali. I will not run into any details here on any individual dishes as they are all shared in individual posts. This is just a combination pattern for you to follow if at all you are confused as to what you want to prepare if you have friends or relatives over for lunch / dinner. Today’s is a typical Amchi, GSB Konkani Saraswat traditional dishes in the Thali. Sharing the links to each of the items below, please go through the link for the recipe that you desire to try out. And Please, do keep a watch on my Blog for many more awesome and yummy dishes both traditional and new concoctions. Also will try to include many more Thali. And please do not be surprised to see Chakko / Raw jackfruit dry curry in most of my recent thali. This is one dish that we Konkani Saraswat Amchies never tire of relishing. It's my hubby's favorite and as the season is nearing its end, I prepare it on weekly basis. Trust me, you will love Chakko and get hooked to it once you start to enjoy it. Goes well with any dishes as accompaniment, though you do need either Dalitoy or Saar along with it.  


** Given Below are the links to the dishes in the Thali above ........ 

1. “Kulith Upkari / Horse Gram Bhaji” …A yummy delicious upkari prepared out of horse gram cooked and tempered with garlic along with its saar cooked separately … Yumz 

** Here is the link to the Recipe ....... 

2. “Nendrabale kele Podi / Ripe Banana Fries” … This podi prepared out of Nendrabale Kele a famous Banana from Southern parts of India, specially the Kerala State side, does not need any intro to South Indian's specially Amchies … Yumz 

** Here is the link to the Recipe ....... 

3. “Beetroot Upkari (Bhaji)” … A delicious~healthy upkari / bhaji prepared almost in every Amchi homes simply tempered with mustard seeds and red chillies … Very Tasty … Yumz 

** Here is the link to the Recipe ....... 

4. “Kulith (Horse Gram) Saar” … Always serve this saar / saaru steaming hot with rice and the upkari with some fried papads … Add on a blob of fresh homemade butter on top of the saar on rice while serving, it tastes simply heavenly ... I have relished it that way throughout my childhood and even now I enjoy it the same way … Yummilicious 

** Here is the link to the Recipe .......

5. “SheetHa (Rice) cooked starch free / Vanu ghalnu" … is a common method of cooking rice straining off the cooked water and thus making the rice starch free, light on tummy too … Delicous when served with saar / dalitoy or any gravy curry … yumz 

** Here is the link to the Recipe ....... 

6. “Kadgi Chakko / Raw Jackfruit Sukka” …. This Konkani Saraswat dish needs no introduction ….. A semi dry medium spicy curry that can be enjoyed both with Roti / Chapati or as an accompaniment to Dalitoy and Rice …. yumz 

** Here is the link to the Recipe ..... 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you. I have also started a food group for "Konkani Saraswats" by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" the link of which is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.