Saturday, May 25, 2019

My Fish Thali 126.


"My Fish Thali 126 : Sheera, Avanasa Ambo Lychee Sasam (Pineapple Mango Lychee Sweet Curry), Batate Katla Upkari (Potato Bhaji), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), Ukde SheetHa (Red Boiled Rice), Raja Alle' Piyava Gashi (Mackerel Curry with Ginger onion)" ... When the mind wants to rejoice the best way to do so is by cooking yummy dishes ... Sharing this with all my friends here and I have included both Veg and Non.Veg. Go ahead and Enjoy the Day, Stay Blessed Spread Happiness ….. 

** When the mind is rejoicing, you just feel like cooking yummy food and relishing it with friends. Today was electoral counting of elections held in my country and I was glued to the TV set right from when it started at 6 AM. Though by and large we all knew the victory, it is still anxiety till declared by the Election Commission. Hubby was at home too and in between I was feeling a bit bored, so decided to cook a good lunch as both of us are always working almost 16x7 and it was really after a very long time that I was at home doing nothing. Well, for a person who has always worked hard for about 30 yrs now, it is really difficult to sit in one place. So prepared this awesome Thali, while I kept hopping between the kitchen and my living room getting glimpse of the news. 

** My usual pattern as all of you those who follow my blog are aware is to make individual postings of each dishes and when it comes to thali or combo meals, I just share in the links to the dishes in them which makes it easier when there is repetitions of the dishes. Do try out the various dishes in my blog to make your own thali patterns like me with whatever veggies are available to you at hand. I just share thali to enable people to get the jest of the combo dishes that goes well with each other when combined and served and these have always been a hit with me. Addition of dessert always depends on the family, some love it, some do not. So the choice is actually yours. But, yes, when it comes to celebrating or festive times they become must and today I just happened to prepare two of them. 

** Avanasa Ambe Lychee Sasam is actually a side dish that is slightly spicy and sweet prepared traditionally in Konkani Saraswat homes when mangoes are in season and also during festive seasons. Try this awesome dish if you have not, as we Amchies love relishing it cold during the summer season. Addition of lychee is my own way, while traditional one calls for mangoes, pineapple and black grapes. Sheera again is a common dish throughout India and all are aware of it. Dalitoy is again a traditional spiced tuvar Dal, from my community, which we believe we cannot live without, must in all home, at all functions and all time favorite too. Mackerel fish curry is again a standard dish from GSB community where in ginger-onion-green chillies along with coconut oil is added when cooking in gravy. A delicious curry that goes very well with red boiled rice. 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

1.. For “Sheera the Golden Dessert” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

2. For “Avanasa Ambo Lychee Sasam (Pineapple Mango Lychee Sweet Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

3. For “Batate Katla Upkari (Potato Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

4. For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

5. For “Cooking Red Boiled Ukda Rice Red Boiled Rice / Tambde Ukde Tandla sheetha / Urpel Ari / LaL Mota Chawal using pressure cooker” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

6. For “Raja Alle' Piyava Gashi (Mackerel Curry with Ginger onion)" Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.