Sunday, January 27, 2019

Egg-Banana~Carrot Cake.


"Egg-Banana~Carrot Cake" ... Here is a Sunday treat ... Sharing this soft and yummy cake filled with the loads of dry fruits with all my friend here ... I am improving my baking skills and wondering too why I did not try it before ... sigh, so much time and yummy cakes could have been relished ... anyways better later than never ... enjoy this one till I come up another one ... Yummilicious .... 

** Once again I bring another delicious and yummy cake that has turned out soft and spongy and has gone 95% successful and I am very happy today. I am learning and improving day by day and that is what makes me want to learn more and well bake more. The field is a vast one and I really have no idea where I will land up, I even do not know how far this new baking technology will take me or whether it will. However, the desire to do more is there and that is what counts. At present, I am learning and I strongly believe be it the making of Idly, dosa, curries or cakes one has to keep practicing and then it is literally a cakewalk. I will not write much but will just post this recipe, I tried out with eggs this time, and I must say it was simply too good. I give myself 95% so that I motivate myself to reach that 100% goal. I must admit that I find cakes with addition of eggs far better in texture than the eggless ones. Again, butter I find gives out better cakes than oil, but I guess they can be substituted as per ones like. Today’s cake recipe is from my collection of to-do-list of about 2 decades, so all I had was a recipe in hand the rest I went about to the best of my knowledge. 

** Here is the recipe for " Egg-Banana~Carrot Cake " My Style … 

** Ingredients : 
Egg / Motto : One 
Maida /APF : 1- ½ Cups 
Ripe Banana : 2 medium sized (I used Cavendish) 
Carrot / Gajar : 1 cup grated. 
Butter / Loni : ½ cup melted (white butter without salt) 
Sugar Powder / Pitti Shakkar : 1 cup 
Vanilla Essence : 2 tsp 
Cinnamon (Tike sal) Powder : 1 tsp 
Nutmeg (Jaikai) Powder : ¼ tsp 
Baking Powder : ½ tsp 
Baking (Cooking Soda) Soda : ½ tsp 
Salt / Namak : ½ tsp 
Milk / Doodh : 1 tblsp if necessary 
Mixed Dry Fruits : 1 cup 
(I have added a mixture of Raisins, Currants, Melon Seeds, Walnuts, Pista, Almonds, Cashew Nuts) 


** Preheat the oven at 190 deg. C. Grease a loaf shaped baking tin and dust it with maida evenly. Keep it ready aside before you start mixing the cake mixture.

** In a bowl mash the ripe bananas well with a fork. You can also use a potato masher for the same. Add in the grated carrots, mix it lightly and keep it ready aside. 

** Mix in a tablespoon of maida to the dry fruits and mix well and keep it ready aside. This is done to prevent the nuts from sinking to the bottom while baking.

** In a glassware bowl break in egg and beat it with a beater. Add in the melted butter and whisk it well with the beaten egg then add in the sugar and again whisk as together till sugar has mixed well, say for a minute. 

** Now add in the mashed banana and grated carrots to the egg mixture. Add in salt, Vanilla Essence, Cinnamon Powder, Nutmeg Powder and mix it in well. 

** Now sieve in maida, baking powder and baking soda into the mixture and fold in gently all the ingredients. Avoid using beater or over mixing the mixture. If you find the mixture too dry add in the milk and mix well, I have. 

** Mix in half of the dry fruits prepared and kept aside into the batter reserving the other for topping. Pour the batter into the prepared batter tin and level it well by tapping it on a hard surface. 

** Top evenly with the remaining dry fruits and very slightly press it in. Put it in the preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes at 170 deg. C or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean. 


** Remove and cool the tin for about 30 minutes in the same tin and then unmold it and cool for another 30 minutes on wire rack. Slice the cake and they are ready to be served. 

** Put the sliced pieces in an airtight container, it stays fresh for 4-5 days, that is if it remains for that many days off course. In my home it was over in 3 days flat. 

** You should try this in your homes as there is always excess bananas lying about that nobody wants to eat once they are too ripened. This is the best way to finish them off and not letting them go waste. 

** In all a delicious and healthy cake with the goodness of carrots and eggs that are full of proteins. Children are sometimes reluctant to eat veggies and this will ensure that they eat healthier options in than store bought ones that are not at all healthy. 

** I am sure your kids will love eating them when coming home hungry from school or while coming after playing with their friends. Do ask them to share them with their friends and enjoy building a stronger and lovely friendship. 

** I will be trying many more of my cake recipes and posting here, so do keep a keen watch on my Blog if you are cake lover like me. You can use the search option for “Cakes” or the label on the left side of the blog for accessing more recipes. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.