Friday, January 18, 2019

Coconut Chutney~Purple Yam Upkari~Rava Idly.


"Coconut Chutney, Purple Yam Godi Upkari (Kand Sweet Bhaji), Black Grapes, Rava Idly with Carrot-Green Peas" ... A tummy filling delicious combo meal that can be enjoyed with family and friends … Yumz … 

** For years now many a times we do not eat full meal ie dishes prepared using rice during Ekadashi day, an auspicious day considered holy by Hindus and is observed praying with due respect to Lord Vishnu. But it was not observed on all Ekadashi days but only those that were prominent like Ashadi, kartiki, Margashir etc. while during all the other Ekadashi days we abstained eating non veg food and so also onion-garlic. This year I wanted to leave out rice dishes on all Ekadashi days ie that which falls twice a month and in all comes in about 24 times in a year. Fasting/Upwas eating nothing throughout the day is No-No in my home, as I don’t want to fall in more health issue traps by doing so. So it is just one proper meal a day that I have thought of sticking too, with exceptions when out of town off course. I don’t believe in fussing in others homes nor does my hubby. Well, let’s see how it goes, no hard-fast regulations but just a desire to try out, hoping it will also turn out healthier. I believe older generations were particular about certain fasts for the sole purpose of body healing. So today I tried out Rava Idly (curd based) with coconut chutney and made purple yam bhaji (kand upkari) along as a side dish. A great combo meal that is tummy filling and great fasting dishes too. Do try them out and enjoy with your family and friends. As I have already posted the dishes before sharing their links below as is my usual pattern with Thali or Combo Meals. Thank you for always encouraging my posts. 


** Given Below are the links to each Individual posts of the recipes to the dishes in the Combo Meal above … Please go through the links for the same ... 

1.. For the “Coconut Chutney” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

2. For the “Purple Yam Godi Upkari / Kand Sweet Bhaji” Recipe, Please follow the link given below .....

3. For the “Rava Idly with Carrot-Green Peas" Recipe, I am sharing two links below, please check out on both of them for choice. The recipe is the same as them, but here I have added on boiled peas and carrots to the same …. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" where in you will find many more recipes by members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.