Thursday, December 7, 2017

Chicken Liver Pepper Masala Curry.


“Chicken Liver Pepper Masala Curry” … A delicious spicy Indian style semi dry curry prepared using chicken livers that can be served with both rice dishes or roti / chapati …


Chicken liver curry with only livers is something I am preparing for the first time. Though I have eaten it many times since childhood in chicken curries, preparing curry only out of liver is the first time. I was somehow not comfortable of eating only livers in large quantities as though they are high on nutrients and minerals they also are high on cholesterol. One has to be careful with it, if you are diabetic, BP or a patient with any other ailments. Hubby loves this very much, as he had relished it for many years during his stay in hostel for education. Whenever we visited the non-veg section in super market, he used to ask me to buy, it and try it once. I never relented, but finally I thought of giving one try to the same and purchased the same. 

After going through many recipes, I came to conclusion that a curry with larger dose of pepper would taste better. I tried my own variation with the addition of more pepper and I must say, I am going to try this curry more often as I myself loved it. Yes, I loved it but I am still not happy with preparing with only livers, so the next time I post you will see some veggies or a mix and match of vegetables etc. Keep an eye on blog and till then do try this one out, its very easy and gets done very quickly. If skeptical, you can serve just few pieces with gravy and relish the same. This is a very simple recipe, and can be prepared really fast. Do try this out, if you like chicken liver.


** Wash the chicken liver pieces well in plenty of water, changing water many times. Cut them into medium sized pieces and keep them ready aside.

** Masala No.1 to be Ground : Peel and cut 2 large sized onions into medium sized pieces. Peel 10-12 medium sized garlic and also clean and chop 1 inch piece of ginger. Put this all into the grinder and grind to a smooth paste without adding water. There is enough water in onion so you don’t need to add in water. Keep the ground paste ready aside.

** Masala No.2 to be Ground : Add into the mixer grinder 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilly powder, 2 tsp of black pepper powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp of coriander seeds powder, ½ tsp of cumin seeds powder, ½ tsp of garam masala powder, ½ tsp of fennel seeds powder, one small marble sized tamarind and grind together to a smooth paste with little bit of water. The paste should be ground fine. Remove and keep this ready aside.

** In a thick bottomed kadai add in 2 – 3 tbsp of oil, when hot lower the heat and add in the masala no. 1 ie the onion-ginger-garlic paste and fry on low heat till it turns slightly in color. The rawness should have gone, say for 4-5 minutes. 


** Now add in 8-10 fresh curry leaves and further fry for a minute. Now add in the masala no.2 ie ground masala of spice powders and mix well. Fry for a few minutes well and then add in one cup of water and bring to a boil, now lower the heat, add in salt to taste and the liver pieces and mix well. 

** Cover and cook till the liver is cooked and done. The masala will have thickened and become semi dry. If you find it too dry add in little bit of water and if you find it a little thinner cook on high for a few minutes, taking care that the masala does not get burnt. The curry is done, so lastly add in a tsp of coarsely powder pepper powder as garnish and remove from fire. Keep this curry covered aside for 20 minutes before serving. 


** “Chicken Liver Pepper Masala Curry” is done and ready to be served. I served this with Green Moong Sprouts ~ Cabbage ~ Methi Leaves Masala Khichidi and some roti, you can serve it with any dish of your choice. But I assure you it goes well with roti and less spicy pulav or plain rice too. Enjoy this dish, but in limits with your family and friends. 

** An earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you. I have also started a food group by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" the link of which is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.