Sunday, June 16, 2019

My Tasty Amchi Thali 130.


“My Tasty Amchi Thali 130 ... Bajjile Mirsange Happolu (Roasted Red Chilly Papad), Pikkile Ambe Gashi (Ripe Mango Curry), Patrade Panna Sannakhotto (Colocasia Leaves Spicy Idly), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice), Talleli Takka Mirsanga (Deep Fried Sun Dried Chillies)” …. A delicious combo of amchi konkani saraswat dishes that is a pleasure to relish with friends … Yummilicious …. 

** Once again, it is my favorite thali today with delicious Amchi / GSB Konkani Saraswat Cuisine dishes. Today’s lunch is once again a really delightful thali that I am sure can be relished in delight with your family and friends. This thali includes seasonal delicacies that is, colocasia sanna khotto and the ambe gashi, both seasonal dishes which can be prepared only when they are available. During monsoon being it's season, colocasia leaves are available plenty in the market and I love preparing all amchi dishes during this time. By now all of you my friends, must be aware of my fascination for Konkani dishes. Trust me, you need to try them out and relish to agree with me, also they are good for tummy and never upset the tummy much if eaten in limited quantities when it is a heavy combo thali. Ambe / Ripe Mango gashi is also a Konkani dish which is sweet and spicy in taste with a slight tart taste, this dish goes on great when served as a side dish along with other dishes. It tastes awesome with roti or dosas too. 

** The other dish is our favorite Dalitoy, which I am sure all of you are familiar with and if you have not yet tried it, I urge you to do so. Can you believe it, in my food group “Konkani Delicacies” which has about 21K members from all communities, love the dal and have tried them and are doing so often now in their homes. One of my North Indian friends family loved it so much, that they insist she cooks it more often to be served hot with rice, such is the fascination for this simple dal, that has a strong hing/asafoetida aroma and flavor. I have already made individual post of the dishes in the thali, so will share the link to each of the dishes below, as is my usual pattern. Do try out the dishes and enjoy with your family and friends. Before I forget, I am aware that the schools have re-opened, once again another academic year with loads of activity has begun for both children and parents. Don’t worry, Have faith and do your best and yes, Stay Blessed … Always. 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

1.. “Bajjile Mirsange Happolu (Roasted Red Chilly Papad)” is store bought, these are spicy papads available in all Mangalore stores throughout the year, you can either roast them on gas flame or deep fry them in hot oil, you can also microwave them. I roasted them on gas flame. 

2. For the "Pikkile Ambe Gashi/Ripe Mango Curry" Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

3. For the “Patrade Panna Sannakhotto (Colocasia Leaves Spicy Idly)” Recipe, I am sharing three links below prepared using different methods, while the recipe remains the same. You can choose any method that is convenient or suitable to you. Please follow the link given below …. 

4. For the “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

5. For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

6. “Talleli Takka Mirsanga (Deep Fried Sun Dried Chillies)” is again store bought and are available in Mangalore stores throughout the year. These are however, deep fried. They are very spicy and taste awesome when served also with curd rice. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.