Thursday, May 2, 2019

My Thali 121~On 2nd Anniversary of KD.


"My Thali 121~On 2nd Anniversary of KD."  … Today on 28th April 2019, “Konkani Delicacies” completes "Two Year's Culinary Journey" .. Sharing "My Thali/Combo Meal: Hara Chana Salad, Kasoori Methi Masala, Beetroot Sabudana Payasam, Chana Kokum Saar and Spicy Egg Biryani" with all my friends here with loads of gratitude and thanks for making KD successful and a household name ... 

** This culinary journey holds a special place in my heart as I have made many lovely friends along with whom this beautiful journey has been successfully moved on through years ... My "Heartfelt Thanks to all of you for being there, It means a lot", without each one of you, this Journey would not only have been not possible but would have been meaningless too …

** The Day I started "Konkani Delicacies" a food group for all my friends, holds a special place in my heart. After pondering a lot with lots of if’s and but’s and yes and No’s, 2 years back, I finally plunged in and started this group with the thought that come what may I would give it my best shot. 28th April 2017 was Akshaya Thritiya day, a very holy day for all Hindus. All new ventures etc. are given priority of being started on this day. Even new vehicles are brought home on the auspicious occasion of this day. The group was started as many of my friends wanted to have a comfort zone to share in their delicious dishes and we were somehow missing out on that score. I was very skeptical, as there were already too many groups and addition of another one somehow did not appeal to me as the chances would be bleak. I messaged many of my friends to share in their thoughts and almost all gave me a thumbs up. But still I toiled with the Idea for over a month or so and finally gave in with positive thoughts and was ready and prepared for come what may. 

** My immense faith in God and with help from hubby we designed an outline for the group in a matter of 2 hours straight just a day before and came up a name, design and a format with guidelines for posting. I started the group late in the evening and before it was midnight one of my best friend Anuradha-akka had added in almost 400 members. This friend of mine who helped me the most is sadly no more as she left for her heavenly abode about 6 months back and I will miss her and remain indebted to her all my life.  I gave the group my full time for 6 long months day and night to bring it to a standard pattern. In the process, I lost some, I gained some, but like the saying goes, the journey once started must go on. There were many hurdles, in fact there are still, but at least it is now in a very good format having 20 K members and has gained popularity and today is a household name. Through the Journey I have also come across some lovely human beings too, who give me a lot of  guidance and external support which also means a lot. There is much more to be done and many a miles more to travel and I am sure by God's grace and with the help of my friends, we will do so in our own space. 

** Once again I appeal to all of you who are interested in food and follow my Blog to join us all and help in building a stronger group with love and integrity for coming generations. No, we are not interested in building up of Numbers but want participation and sharing of traditional age hold recipes along with the new ones too. We want our future generations to get interested in cooking in the comforts of their own kitchen and enjoy the delicacies with family as I always endorse that home cooked food is the best. I encourage all younger generation children of both gender to plunge into this journey with a positive attitude, trust me you will be glad you did so in future. Remember Rome was not built in one day, similarly you need to give some time to be impeccable in cooking too, it is not at all difficult. Take it like this we completed our education and got our graduation degree after studying day and night for almost 20 yrs, Isn't it ?? not in a day or two, so is the case of cooking it is a learning process that never ends and no one can claim to know all. We are all still learning new ways and recipes every day and enjoying it, trust me, it is fun and very rewarding when you see your family's, children's, friends gleaming faces relishing your prepared dishes. 

** Love you all for your efforts and continuous support given through the years. On this special occasion, as a mark of gratitude, I wanted to prepare something special, my own concoction for my friends. So, after thinking through the night, I came up with this combo meal pattern / my special thali on the occasion of KD 2nd Anniversary .... Once again I am sharing the links to the individual dishes given in the thali above separately below as is my standard pattern. Do go through the links of the particular dish for the recipe and prepare them and yes, relish them with your family and friends. You can also try out various other combo meals or thali patterns posted before in the Blog to which you can either use the search option, hash tags or visit via the links given at the bottom of the article. Once again, I take this opportunity to thank not only all of my KD friends, but also all of those who follow my Blog regularly and send me mails and queries. You have all contributed in your own way by encouraging me to do that much more and made this Culinary Journey a Blessed one for me ... Let us all join hands and contribute to future generations to come. As I always say "Sharing Is Caring" and it is that very attitude within each one of us that will make move graciously forward in life.  


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

1.. For the “Hara Chana (Green Whole Bengal Gram) Salad” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

2. For the “Spicy Kasoori Methi Masala (Dried Fenugreek Leaves Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

3. For the "Beetroot Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls) Payasam (Kheer) topped with Almond Slivers" Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

4. For the “Chana saaru / black chana saar” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

5. For the “Spicy Egg Biryani” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** You can use the search option for “Combo Meals” and "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.