Wednesday, May 8, 2019

My Simple Festive Veg.Thali 123.


"My Simple Festive Veg. Thali 123 : Chilled Mango-Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls) ~Vermicelli (Sevai) Payasam with Almond Slivers, Cauliflower Bajo (Fries), White Kidney Bean Bendi (Curry), Cucumber Carrot Cabbage Tomato Raita (Salad), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice), Rajavale Nonche (Indian Star Gooseberry Pickle)" ... Enjoy ~ Stay Blessed ....

** Today’s Thali is simple with veg. dishes and the only exception to this is my newly tried out Chilled Mango-Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls)~Vermicelli (Sevai) Payasam with Almond Slivers, my own concoction. Today is "Akshaya Tritiya" an auspicious day for Hindus when new ventures, utensils, gold, other items are purchase. I started my food group “Konkani Delicacies" two year back on this same day as per Hindu calendar while the date as per English calendar holds 28th April.  While I believe in traditions, I do not support nor follow meaningless rituals. I believe in auspicious days and make it a point to thank God for giving me so much in life in my own little way. I try variations in sweet dishes which I prepare to offer as Naivedyam to God and I feel so happy when God not only gives me the strength to do it but makes it turn out good too.

** While I started the food group, my intention was to keep it a small with addition of my friends circle and add on genuine friends who are really interested in food.  My main intention was to put the Konkani Saraswat / GSB Cuisine on world map as it has never be promoted well. Being a part of many food groups I have always seen it lack in promotion by Konkani themselves. Why?? I really have no knowledge off. Konkani Cuisine is one of the best food that the stomach tolerates very well, without leading into indigestion's etc. unless off course if you exceed limits. All these points with which the group was started still holds true and we are very disciplined when it comes to rules and guidelines. Nothing but food postings are allowed as we do not want the concept to get lost in any way and I am proud of my members who follow it with love and respect. 

** Well, after being loved so much by about 20 K members it is but only fair that I show them my heartfelt gratitude by preparing something unique and sharing it with them. Alphonso Mangoes are in season, and those who have tasted them will completely agree when I say that nothing beats the taste of genuine Ratnagiri Aapus Ambos / Mangoes. They are so vibrantly dark orange in color and sweet in taste that you simple want to eat more of them. So today, I tried my own payasam as an Naivedyam to God, to which I added on sabudana and vermicelli along with mangoes It was simply too good. The other recipes are common amchi dishes. Bendi is hing flavored dish, as by now all amchi are aware that we do not eat non-veg or onion-garlic on festive days. Raita is simple and Dalitoy is again a favorite of every Amchi ie almost a must in thali. 

** I have already made individual posts of each dishes and will be sharing the link to each one them below as is my usual pattern with posting of Thali. Do go through the links of the individual dishes for the recipe and if you find any difficulty or are not able to follow / understand something or any procedure, you can always leave a comment or mail me, I will be glad to help. Do try out the dishes and enjoy with your family and friends. If you want any other particular Amchi Konkani Saraswat Recipe, that I may not have yet included in the Blog, you can always write to me and I will do the needful as soon as possible. Please do use the search option or the label section in the right side of the blog for easy access of recipes. For now try out these and yes have loads of fun as the holidays for children have begun, Stay Blessed. 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

1.. For the “Chilled Mango-Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls)~Vermicelli (Sevai) Payasam with Almond Slivers” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

2. For the “Cauliflower Bajo (Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

3. For the “White Kidney Bean Bendi (Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

4. For the “Cucumber Carrot Cabbage Tomato Raita (Salad)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below, the prepared salad/raita may include / exclude some of the veggies but the recipe remains same.  

** I am also sharing a common link for “Salads/Raitas” below, you can check out and prepare that which appeals you the most.

5. For the “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

6. For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

7. For the “Rajavale Nonche (Indian Star Gooseberry Pickle)" Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.