Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Jawala (Tiny Shrimps)~Capsicum Bhaji (Stir Fry).


“Jawala Capsicum Bhaji (Tiny Shrimps Capsicum Stir Fry)” … A delicious crunchy bhaji, sort of dry bhaji that goes very well as side dish with dal-chawal but tastes simply awesome with roti/ parathas / poori … Yummilicious … 

** I have always usually prepared prawns in curry or cutlet forms but never in a sukha bhaji way. When my fish vendor showed me these tiny shrimps and insisted I try them, I was sort of hesitant, wondering who had the patience to clean them. So I told her exactly that to which she said, that they were already cleaned one’s and available like that only and only had to be washed well carefully in a colander, check out for any skin portions and drain off as much water as possible and cook them in dry bhaji way or into bajos/ bajias/ fritters. Now I was all ears, but still was not sure and was worried of the taste, but on her assurance I bought one small heap, you see they are kept in small heaps (usually called vati) and sold as so. Not at all costly as she gave me a lot for Rs.50/-. After cleaning them well, I was again having my doubts, so I divided the contents into half portion and kept the other half in the freezer to prepare the vadas later on, let’s see how it turns out, will post the same soon. I prepared this bhaji exactly how my fish vendor suggested, so the credit for this one goes to her. The only variation I made was I added on tamarind paste in place of kokum as suggested by her and I added on some capsicum too. On the whole a very delicious side dish that tastes awesome with parathas / roti. 


** Here is my recipe for “Jawala Capsicum Bhaji (Tiny Shrimps Capsicum Stir Fry)” … My Style … 

** Wash Jawala/ tiny Shrimps in plenty of water and drain off all excess water by placing it in a colander for some time. You can check the picture posted to know what Jawala fish / shrimps are. 

** In a thick bottomed kadai add 2-3 tblps of Oil, when hot lower the heat to medium and add in 1 tblsp of finely chopped Ginger/Alle' /Adrak and 2 tblsp of finely chopped Garlic/ Losun and fry till the garlic changes slightly in colour, say for about 3-4 minutes. Now add in 3-4 Green Chillies / Tarni Mirsanga / Hirwi Mirchi chopped fine, a few Curry Leaves /Kadipatta/ Karbev and one large or two medium sized Onions/ Piyav / Kanda finely sliced. Fry on medium heat till the onion turns pinkish/translucent. 

** Now add in 2 small sized Capsicums / Simla Mirchi / Donne Mirsanga also sliced into thin slices and cook till half done. Now add in ½ tsp of Haldi (Turmeric) powder, 2 tsp of Red Kashmiri Chilly  (Mirchi / Mirsanga) powder, 1 tblsp of Dhania (Coriander/ Kothimbir) powder, 1 tsp of Jeera (cumin) powder and mix well. Add in 1 tblsp of Tamarind (Chinchama / Imly) paste, Salt (Namak / Meeta) to taste, sprinkle some water, add in the Shrimps / Jawala prepared and kept and mix well. Do not add much water as the fish cooks fast, just cover and cook till done. 


** “Jawala Capsicum Bhaji (Tiny Shrimps Capsicum Stir Fry)” is done and ready to be served. Serve it hot as a side dish with dal-chawal or with roti/chapati. This dish tastes best with roti, I served it in the noon with dalitoy-rice and other dishes but for dinner I served it with phulkas and they tasted awesome. Do try out this dish if these small tiny shrimps are available in your vicinity, they are very aromatic and taste. I will be trying out many more types of dishes with addition of these shrimps, so keep an eye on my Blog, more to definitely follow, till then have a lovely time as it is holidays for children and do try out and serve them different types of dishes and now is the time when they enjoy food the best. 

** You can also check up on "Vali ani Sungata Ghalnu Talasani / Malbar Spinach And Fresh Prawns Garlic Fry" which is also a dry sukka bhaji type dish that goes well with paratha / Roti .... 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.