Thursday, May 16, 2019

Air Fried Sabudana Gajar Vada (Tapioca Pearls Carrot Fritters).


"Air Fried Sabudana Gajar Vada (Tapioca Pearls Carrot Fritters)" ... Over an year my newly purchased Air Fryer was sitting glumly and eyeing me with hopes, finally tried sabudana vada today with some of the mixture kept aside to do so ... and trust me it was crisp outside and soft within ... also posted the Vadas that were deep fried just before this post ... The difference is there, but then one has to compromise for health sake, also I am just learning, my first take, long way to go for practice and perfection ...  more dishes will be tried for sure ..... Yummy Yumz .... 

** Air Frying is something that is catching the fancy of the world for some years now and many of my friends vouch by it, though I have yet to try out my style dishes. I had purchased this machine that costs a lot compared to its small size / capacity with a lot of enthusiasm making myself ready to prepare various dishes in it. That was in December 2017 and fully charged with a list of to do dishes, I booked my Philips Air Fryer online and was to receive it within a maximum period of 5-8 days and was done so on time. All my happiness vanished within 2 days of booking when I had gone for an eye check up and was asked to get operated for cataract for both eyes. This was a bolt from the blue as I had not at been prepared for it. I had gone for checking my progressive lens number as my vision was getting blurred. Sigh, there was nothing I could do, but go ahead with the surgery. Having to depend only on my hubby somehow we both managed home and office and other work, not to mention cooking and heaved a sigh of relief after two months when I could jump back to normalcy. 

** I did try out Potato sticks just to check out if the machine was in proper condition, that’s it. Then came the second bolt while hubby was also detected of cataract within a few months gap of having done mine, which had be done also immediately, Ahhhaaa, it was again repetition of the same once again now the roles reversed. In the quest my Air Fryer took the back seat as I could not give attention to it. Poor Air Fryer, guess came home at the wrong timing, sat in its box for first few months, then came out only to adorn itself on the the platform looking glumly at me and waiting for its turn to be in service. One thing led to another and though there were a few recipes readily available, somehow my heart was not set on using it at all. Finally today when I had prepared sabudana vadas, decided to try out a few in air fryer too. Well it was good, but I guess I have to learn a few more tips and tricks for perfection, but I will. Finally, Air Fryer too is happy I guess, to be of use and I am sure will be handy in preparing many dishes, so keep a keen watch. 


** Please follow "Sabudana Gajar Vada (Tapioca Pearls Carrot Fritters)" Recipe, for the preparation of  these Vadas / Tikkis, as given in the link below. The recipe remains the same, except that here I have used the air fryer for frying the Vadas. 

** Preheat the Air Fryer for 5 minutes at 180 deg. Meanwhile, prepare and keep about 9 small sized Vadas/tikkies ready from the mixture prepared. Remove the air fryer attachment out and place the vadas on the wire gauge of the same after brushing all over with edible oil. 

** Put the attachment back into the fryer and run the air fryer for 10 minutes at 180 deg. When done, open the same apply a few drops of oil with brush on top facing side and with the help of tongs flip it over and apply a few drops of oil and brush this side too. 

** Fix back the attachment and run the air fryer again for 10 minutes at 180 deg. Open and check if done if not run for another few minutes till done. The timings actual depend upon the size of the vadas and the heat / temperature of the air fryer, which differs with each machine. 

** “Crisp Air Fried Sabudana Gajar Vada (Tapioca Pearls Carrot Fritters)" are done and ready to be served. Serve it hot with some chutney or tomato ketchup. I served it with tomato ketchup and it tasted awesome. 

** I am new to Air Frying method, but will try more dishes soon and will definitely share whatever I learn and will also share in my difficulties if any and the solutions too that I did or suggested by my friends, so if you too want to cut down on calories or want to watch your diet or cut down on excess oil, do try out air frying your dishes. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.