Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Khus Khus~Cashew Apple Fruit Payasam Popsicles.


"Khus Khus~Cashew Apple Fruit Payasam Popsicles" ... summertime is Mumbai is always unbearable and we always crave for something chilled ... I had put some of the payasam prepared a few days back in candy molds in freezer and completely forgotten about it, today when I came home almost baked and wanted a few ice cubes, it was such a delight to see them .... sigh what a relief ... yum yum yum .... 

** Popsicles are the same which through childhood we called them as Ice Candy and relished them the most during summer. Throughout childhood we enjoyed Ice Candy and then Pepsi, yes again the same but enclosed in a thin long plastic tube. Those days it was all flavoured water based candies, overtime things have changes and now thicker textured candies more so called kulfi are the in thing. Well there are so many types of candies like choco bars and other flavored bars that are flooding the market. Almost on daily basis a new flavor comes into the market and its utter confusion on what to relish. Well, in our homes too we can always prepare the same with fresh juices which is much more healthier. Just put any juice into a candy mold and freeze overnight and its all ready to sip on. No mold, not to worry, just use small tumblers and half way through the frozen stage, insert the stick into it and your job of a good candy is done, tumblers is what we used and sometimes I still use them, if in a hurry I cannot find the molds or if I have misplaced them. 

** On the auspicious day of Hanuman Jayanthi, a festive day for Hindus marking the birth of Lord Hanuman which is celebrated in pomp in many of the temples all round India, I had prepared “Khus Khus-Cashew Apple Fruit Payasam” and it was simple awesome. Me and hubby relished this in the noon and there was still some leftover. When I asked him if he wanted a second serving, he looked at it and said “why don’t you make candy out of it?”, I too felt the it was a good idea, as it was summer and Mumbai was simply baking us. The heat way was something for the first time draining me out unlike other summers. The morning official outings on returning home literally left me so tired that a coolant or chilled dish was really a welcome site. I put it in the freezer, but somehow forgot about it the next two days. It was only when I came home tired today tired and reached out into the freezer for ice cubes to prepare chilled lemonade that my eyes fell on the popsicles. My joy knew on bounds on seeing it, not only did I not have to prepare something, but got the bonus of relishing something ready in leisure, Bliss. 

** To prepare the Popsicles, I just poured the prepared payasam into the molds and put it in the freezer overnight, that’s it. For the recipe of "Khus Khus~Cashew Apple Fruit Payasam”, please go through the link given below … 

** There are many more "Popsicles/Ice Candy" prepared and posted in my Blog here before, I am sharing a common link to all of them, you can choose that which appeals to you and try out the same too …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.