Friday, April 12, 2019

Chilled Orange~Barley~Saffron Juice.


"Chilled Orange~Barley~Saffron Juice/Santra~Jau~Kesari Sharbat" ... Orange in itself is healthy but addition of barley water makes it that much more nutritious and definitely is a better way of gulping the otherwise bland barley water .... Here is my own concoction of healthy~delicious juice .... Yumz ... 

** I few days back I had made a post on preparation of barley water and its uses. I have explained there how though I did know of this wonder cereal grain, I had actually never used it till recently. But yes now that I have decided of having it at least twice or thrice in a month, I try to make a few adaptions to make it that much more appealing and tastier as barley water in itself is bland. Again, one has to keep in mind that in the process of adaption we should not loose out altogether on the nutritional value of barley otherwise the sole purpose of consuming the same is lost. I will not write much about barley here as I have already written all I know in the preparation of barley water post to which I will share the link at the bottom of this recipe. I will also be sharing the link to orange juice at the bottom of this recipe, though I am sure all of you know how to prepare the same.

** Orange/santra/sonnaringa/kittale hannu, season is almost coming to an end and we all know the benefit of oranges both when eaten as it is and in juice form. So today I added on the juice of orange with barley water and a little bit of saffron and had it chilled to beat the Mumbai heat. If like me you are advised to add in barley to your diet, then this is sure to be loved by you. In fact, even otherwise, you should add in barely in some form and see to it that your family has it, and in that way make a habit of the same for lifetime. This is a simple sharbat/juice that can be prepared in jiffy if you have barley water ready. I prepare the barley water once in a fortnight about 1 liter and consume it within 2-3 days as it is or by adding it to juice, buttermilk, soups etc. That way it is much more appealing to the taste buds and is sure to be relished by all. 

** Always use freshly prepared fruit juices and avoid store bought bottled juices as they contain preservatives in them. Even the recent juices that claim to be fresh are not so, how can they be, have you ever wondered before you gulp them. They take days to reach the factory, then they are stored in warehouse in cold storage till further use, then the juice is extracted and then packed. Again the packing procedure and then delivering the same. When it reaches you my best bet is it will at least be a month or two, so tell me how can it be claimed fresh. Though I do drinks colas sometimes or so when offered in functions, I never drink or try my best to avoid fruit juices that are packed and claim to be fresh. They taste weird and I have never found them appealing. Once you learn to make your own juices, be it out of fruits or veggies you will never think of purchasing bottled ones. 


** Here is the simple method of preparing "Chilled Orange~Barley~Saffron Juice/ Santra~Jau~Kesari Sharbat" … My Style … 

** For one glass of barely water I added freshly squeezed out 2 glasses of orange juice along with 1 tsp of saffron syrup, sugar to taste and a pinch of rock salt/kala namak. Mixed well and put it in the fridge for 2 hours and served it chilled. 

** Note : If you do not have saffron syrup, you can always add in a few strands of saffron soaked in hot water and add on to the juice when cooled. 

** For the “Barley/Jau Water” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …..

** For the “Orange Juice” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can find many more “Juices/Coolants/Beverages” recipes In the link given below, Please do go through the link and choose that which appeals you, try them and enjoy with your family and friends …

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.