Saturday, March 30, 2019

My Yum Thali 113.


"My Yum Thali 113. ... Wheat Penne (Pasta)-Veggie Raita, Vali- Sukkale Sungata Ambat (Malabar Spinach-Dry Prawn Curry), Bikkanda SukHa Bhaji (Jackfruit Seed Dry Masala Curry), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice), Ponsa Gharai (Ripe Jackfruit Payasam)" ... A tasty-delightful well mixed and matched dishes tummy filling thali ... Yummilicious ..... 

** There are times when you decide something but end doing different things in life. Same is the case with preparation of dishes. I always decide that I am going to do a simple dish and attend to other works that have piled up at home waiting to be done, when I am at home with some free time on hand. But then opening of the fridge makes me notice the ingredients lying in wait to be cooked and then I simple am tempted to try out or prepare my favorite dishes and relish them. Yesterday night I had picked cleaned, chopped and kept ready the vali/basale/malabar spinach and had all the intention of preparing simple ambat and rice. Once done I had decided to clean the wardrobe which was a mess, so I took a few hours away from office and got up a little bit late by an hour as in my mind I could relax as I had plenty of time in hand. But hubby’s simple question if I was making vali with dried prawns turned the menu topsy turfy. Though he is not fussy, I knew he would keep saying I wish there were prawns in this as he ate, so I just asked him to give me the stored dried prawns from top cupboard and went about preparing Vali-Sukkale Sungata Ambat (Malabar Spinach-Dry Prawn Curry). 

** The rest of the dishes were all made on after thought and only dal and rice were cooked as per menu. When my eyes fell on the bikkanda/jackfruit seeds heap, thought of preparing the sukha masala bhaji, which had cropped in my mind out of the blue too a few days back. The raita was done and ready and I cooked and added the penne pasta later on after remembering I always intended to do it at some point, also I needed the Raita for myself as though I love the vali-dry prawn curry to the core, it does not like me at all, gives me heat issues, so raita is a must for me when I prepare it. Gharai, the payasam was decided much later, when I found that the ripe jackfruit would otherwise not remain good if not consumed fast and I was not really in a mood to prepare the cake which I had intended to prepare out of it. Gharai is a must in my home at least once in a year though I prepare it during festival days. But then, its OK, you can always offer the same to Lord Ganesha who is always understanding and has them with full content, exclusively my opinion on my faith in him. So that’s it, by the time everything was done and the kitchen cleaned up it was way past to do anything more. Wardrobe has to wait, after all food is the utmost priority, isn’t it ?? 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

1.. For the “Wheat Penne (Pasta)-Veggie Raita” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

2. For the "Vali (Malabar Spinach) Ambat (Curry) with Dry Prawns” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

3. For the "Jackfruit Seed (Bikkanda) SukHa Masala Bhaji" Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

4. For the “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

5. For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

6. For the “Ponsa Gharai/Halasina Hannina Payasa/Ripe Jackfruit Payasam” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.