Saturday, March 9, 2019

My Simple Veg. Thali 106.


My Simple Veg. Thali 106. ... "Kali Tori-Kadgi ghlanu Koddel/Black Pigeon Peas -Raw Jackfruit Curry, Carrot-Onion Upkari (Bhaji), Kali Tori Saaru (Black Pigeon Peas Saar), SheetHa (Rice) with fried Rice Papad (Store Bought)" ... Enjoy the simple meal ... Yummy Yumz ......

** Once again posting My simple Veg. Thali for all my friends here. I will not run into any details here on individual dishes as they are all shared as individual posts as is my usual pattern, which I am sure all of you know off. Those who are new, it is just a practice I follow so that there is no need to keep repeating each dish as in thali it is always a combo pattern laid with assorted dishes that combine together to make a lovely meal. This is just a combination pattern for you to follow if at all you are confused as to what you want to prepare if you have friends or relatives over for lunch / dinner. Today’s is a very simple meal for family on weekend to be enjoyed on a relaxed atmosphere. Kali tori koddel ie Black Pigeon Peas Curry seasoned with garlic is a very famous and traditional curry from Konkani Saraswat Cuisine. You really ought to try this curry if you have not yet tried it, I assure you it is simply a fantastic curry with awesome garlic aroma. The saar that is served with rice is actually prepared out of the cooked water from the pigeon peas which is another traditional method of preparing saar among Konkanies. Try it and enjoy with your family, I am sure they will love it. 


** Given Below are the links to each Individual posts of the recipes to the dishes in the Thali above …… 

1.. The “Rice Papad” is store bought and I just deep fried it. 

2. For the “Kali Tori Kadgi Koddel / Black Pigeon Peas Raw Jackfruit Curry” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

3. For the “Carrot Onion Upkari (Bhaji)" Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

4. For the “Kali Tori Saaru / Black Pigeon Peas Saar” Recipe, You can follow any of the links given below, though the first link is the one on the picture, if interested you can prepare them on the other methods given below too, with minute changes. Please follow the link given below and choose that which appeals to you … 

5. For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.