Sunday, March 17, 2019

My Scrumptious Fish Thali 107.


"My Scrumptious Fish Thali 107. ... Carrot-Onion Salad, Kurle' Ambat (Crab/ Kekda Curry), Chickpeas Upkari (Bhaji), Raja Alle' Piyava Gashi (Mackerel Ginger-Onion Curry), SheetHa (Rice), Gabboli on top of rice, Mandeli Fish Fry, Soundale Fish Fry and Crab Fish Fry" ... Awwwaa today is a fishy day, after eating bland food for a week or so ... Yeh Dil simply mange fish (memme) ... Fishillllicious … 

** A complete fish thali fare is very rare in my home, it is always a combo sort with veg and non-veg dishes as a complete fish meal is not appealing to us anymore. There was a time, say a decade back or so when we enjoyed such types of meals as we too were younger and could digest the same well, not anymore. With advancing age one has to cut down on a lot of things and I doing so one step at a time. But when you have a few guests for lunch who want to relish those items and also you were on a 3-4 days of bland diet, due to health reasons, it become difficult to say no to both friends and family. I am actually not able to really cook so much, so I do it in parts. I do the preparations, like grinding of masala and put them in fridge. I clean the fish too and put them in the freezer and then prepare them the next day, this way the burden on my shoulders are reduced. I cannot think of doing much work now as I have a very weak neck and back and I simply don’t want to tire myself for nothing. 

** Though I have stopped socializing a lot now, it becomes inevitable at times. To all those who feel how can one cook so much in one day, I would like to assure you that you can, if you make proper plan ahead. I always have grated coconut in my freezer and as mentioned do most of the preparation the previous day, it gives me time to cook in time and yes dress and be presentable too in time. Sharing links to the recipes of each of the items in the thali below separately as is my usual pattern. Do check out on the recipe of that which you would like to prepare and relish. My thali is a combo of dishes just to help you assemble a food combo and enjoy in your own home, but I would still insist that you make your own meal pattern choosing dishes and assembling them keeping in mind both your family and guests preferences. Do try out the dishes given below and enjoy with your family and friends in your own leisure time. 


** Given Below are the links to each Individual posts of the recipes to the dishes in the Thali above … Please go through the links for the same ... 

1.. For the “Carrot-Onion Salad” Recipe, you can follow the link given below, the recipe is same, just leave out radish or you can add them and try out the recipe too. 

2. For the “Kurle' Ambat (Crab/ Kekda Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

3. For the “Chickpeas (White Chana) Upkari” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

4. For the “Raja Alle Piyav ghalnu Gashi / Mackerel Curry with Ginger and Onion” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ... 

5. For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

6. For the “Crispy Mandeli Fish Fry” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

7. For the “Soundale Fish Fry” Recipe, Please follow the same recipe as that of Visonu/ King fish fry, the recipe and frying method is the same, I somehow forgot to click a separate picture of the same which I will do the next time for sure, sharing the link of visonu at the bottom … 

8. For the “Crab Fish (Kurlo/Kekda) Fry” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 
** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.