Monday, February 4, 2019

KhatHa~MeetHa~TeekHa Angoori Raita / Green Grapes Curd Salad.


"KhatHa~MeetHa~TeekHa Angoori Raita / Green Grapes Curd Salad" ... Tried my own concoction of mix and match fruit based raita to serve with egg biryani and it tasted delicious … Seedless Green Grapes are in season, so try this as side dish, it tastes awesome ... Yummy Yumz ......... 

** I simply love my new found passion for making mix and match new combos of old dishes. Raita is one such dish with a never ending list of combinations, you can do them in so many variations that I myself forget which one I have done and which one has just cropped up newly in my mind. My fruit vendor who stands just opposite my office is the most happiest man come winter season, you see he loves compelling me or should I say cornering me into buying fruits more than what I bargained for. When it comes to grapes and oranges he knows my weakness and keeps pressurizing me to buy saying “aaj ka maal accha hey madam, kal milaga ya nahin kya pata, lehilo, rakhlo kharab nahin hoga (in Hindi)” meaning today's fruits I am selling are very good in quality madam, not sure if I will get the same quality tomorrow, buy them when available, will remain good for days. I feel so sorry for him and then I buy them and at night half my time is gone wondering what I can do with it besides relishing it as it is. So many dishes both which I have done and yet to do cross my mind, many of which at times I forget when I get up in the morning and then half the day goes thinking what it was, so it be safer, I have kept a small book with pen near my bed, I just jot down on short randomly in some page and then go to sleep. 

** I had already planned to make egg biryani and many a times I do not prepare any curry or side dish if I make it spicier the way hubby loves it, during such times I only prepare some raita, ie any curd based salad and we are fine with it, in fact even plain curds will do for us. Well, I felt too sleepy to think more as it was way past midnight and I had so many things lined up to finish the next day, the main being so many recipes yet to be blogged. Many a times I make a resolution never to post the pictures priory in my page and food group before blogging it. Becomes difficult to say “will post soon” for all queries, but then I am always in a hurry to share what I prepared with my friends and feel I will post the same by evening. Usually I do so, but there are times when suddenly I do not feel upto it or something else crops up and I am not able to do so, then I feel bad about it. But all said, under pressure I work the best, so I actually blog in more when I do it this way, coz. those which I keep aside, saying I will post once done are actually piled in picture folder and have not seen the blog page now for over a month and some to my dismay are almost an year old. My desire to cook new dishes surpasses my speed in editing the blog, I guess, sigh ....

** Coming to the recipe of this raita, it is simple one and all you need are fresh curds and seedless green grapes along with some spices which are easily available in the kitchen and it is a breeze work. Try adding on fresh thick homemade curds that are not sour as when we add on grapes it should give you the lovely smell and taste of grapes rather than a sour taste, just like how we do for pineapple raita. You can use store bought curds / yogurt too, but just make sure that they are not sour in taste or else the taste will be lost and will not be so appealing at all. This raita too is similar to the one I posted a few weeks back on pineapple but here I have ground the ingredients and added them to the curds where as I had added chopped ingredients in that raita. In all, I must say a delicious raita that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends when served as a side dishes for parties. If you have young children at home, keep the spice level low and add on some finely chopped green chilles or paste later after serving them. The best part of this raita is as long as you don’t use sour grapes and curds, you can prepare it a few hours before needed and put it in the fridge to chill and serve the same chilled when needed, that way you will be saving time and last minute hassles, after all we all need time to dress up and be presentable as host when we have guests coming in, don’t we ??? I am sure all of you will agree with me.


** Here is my simple method for "KhatHa~MeetHa~TeekHa Angoori Raita / Green Grapes Curd Salad" … My Style … 

** Wash and let drain off all water from about 250 gms of seedless green grapes. Cut them horizontally into 2-3 pieces depending upon their size and keep them ready aside. I cut them with a slight slant cut into 3 pieces, as you see in the picture, the grapes were large in size lengthwise. 

** In a mixer grinder add in ½ cup of fresh coriander leaves, 3-4 curry leaves, 4-5 green chillies, 1 inch piece of ginger cut into pieces and grind for a minute or two. Now add in 2-3 handful of the chopped green grapes to it and further grind to a very smooth paste. Now add in salt to taste and 1-2 tblsp of sugar and further grind till the mixture is mixed well.  Do not add any water while grinding.

** Beat 2 cups of chilled thick curds (they should not be sour) in a wide bowl. Add in the ground grapes with masala and mix well. See to it that you whisk this mixture well to get an even mixture of the raita. Now add in the chopped seedless green grapes and mix well. Add in a tablespoon of finely chopped coriander leaves, mix well, cover and put the raita in the fridge for at least 2 hours to get chilled as it tastes best when served cold. 

** "KhatHa~MeetHa~TeekHa Angoori Raita / Green Grapes Curd Salad" is done and ready to be served. Remember to serve this raita chilled with any spicy biryani / pulav / seasoned or chutney rice of your choice. Also remember to check the consistency of the raita before serving, if too thick you can add in 1/4 cup of chilled water and mix well and then serve the same. I served them with egg biryani and it tasted awesome. You can serve it with any dish of your choice that you enjoy eating cold raitas / salad with. Do try it out and enjoy with your family and friends. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.