Sunday, February 10, 2019

Chilled Custard Fruit Salad with Mango Jelly.


"Chilled Custard Fruit Salad with Mango Jelly" ... a dessert relished almost in every home by both young and old alike ... I have added on a few Marie Biscuit pieces in between while arranging them for crunch ... tastes great when served chilled ... Yummilicious ... 

** Custard fruit salad is a dish close to my heart and I have loved it from childhood. Those days we were not so well versed nor had the knowledge of preparing, cakes, ice creams, parfaits etc. All we managed was the easiest of all, and that's preparation of custard followed by dunking in chopped fresh fruits on cooling and then putting it in the fridge to get chilled. Even jelly, though we knew about it was not prepared at all and I only started preparing it to add on to the custard fruit salad after many years of marriage. Those days though there were loads of cookery books and I myself owned many, there was a fear in mind as to what if I went wrong, what would my family say, after all I had strict instructions from my new married into family that food should not be wasted. I feared if I went wrong then I would have to chuck it. My hubby is very easy going man when it comes to food and encourages a lot, so finally I started learning lot of different ways of cooking from reading, asking and off course once the net was started on food groups. The journey with cookery books is not an easy one, a few dishes carried pictures and that too some in black and white, so getting a grip of exact outcome was really difficult, but who said anything in life was easy, never came across at cross roads I guess. One has to have patience and the desire to win to come out with flying colors in any field and cooking is no different. 


** I have already posted the recipe of Custard Fruit Salad which is nothing new to all of you as all you have to do is follow the instructions on the packet. I am sure those who have young children in homes must be doing in them on regular basis, if not start doing them now, trust me its the best way to make them eat fruits. Moreover custard is prepared with milk which again they are reluctant to drink, so its a sort of "Rama Bana / arrow (a saying similar to hitting two birds with one stone)" in attempt of making them eat good food. The same goes in for the jelly crystals too. I have prepared mango flavored and followed the instructions in the packet, you can choose on any flavor you like and prepare the same. I prepared both custard and jelly late in the evening and once both had cooled down put them in the fridge to chill overnight. The next morning I add on some chopped green grapes, black grapes, oranges, apples and pineapple cut into small sized pieces to the custard and mixed it well. I arranged them in bottles as I had seen this presentation many times on net and had loved it. I had these bottles of dates syrup which served the purpose. I remembered my friends add on crushed biscuits and sponge cake bits while layering and wanted to always give it a try. Unfortunately I did not have cake and was also in a hurry so could not go out and purchase. I added on pieces of Marie biscuit and layered them. 


** Assembling in Bottles/Jars/Tall Glasses : Add on a few tablespoons of chilled jelly at the bottom, then some biscuit pieces, then the custard fruit salad, then again some biscuit pieces, another layer of jelly pieces followed by custard fruit salad. I have added on a few roasted cashew nuts which unfortunately got dunked in and cannot be seen, I had forgotten to save a few to put them on top so I could not do so, but I suggest you add on some roasted nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts and pistachios, I am sure to do so the next time. So also will I remember to add in cake pieces, yum, try this it tastes simply delicious. But remember to put the bottles or the arranged / layered dessert in fridge for at least another two hours before serving. It tastes simply fantastic. Now that I have finally tried it, you see it was lying on my to do list for almost 6 years, sigh, time flies really fast, I have often said there is so many dishes lying in that to do list and so much to relish too. Till then try this out, the summer is fast approaching as the winter is almost coming to an end in another few weeks, so be prepared this summer to enjoy this, or why wait, try it now. By the way do not leave out addition of jelly, they too are good for health, as gelatin is said to be wonderful for healthy hair and nails and also for bones. Also, it is very easy to prepare and moreover children love the wobbly shaking jelly very much. 

** For the “Chilled Custard Fruit Salad With Fresh fruits And Dry Fruits” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.