Friday, January 25, 2019

Eggless~Whole Wheat~Banana~Walnut Cake.


"Eggless~Whole Wheat~Banana~Walnut Cake" ... A delicious~healthy and easy to prepare cake with the goodness of banana along with wheat flour … Yumz ... 

** Well I am immensely pleased with my venture into cake making. I know I must go in for a brand new large sized oven soon with my increasing passion as I want to go into making cookies, buns, breads etc. too. But first comes first is what I always advice my friends, ie first one should learn the basics, practice and then purchase machinery so that you can put them to good use. Just for the heck of owning, something for namesake is No-No with me. So much to learn and I am sure I will with such lovely friends who are not only encouraging but also give me tips on handling the baking. So no fear, when friends are here. Like my oven was giving wrong bakes by burning the top side, my dear friend Preeti Bellari suggested that I use only the bottom coil and set the temperature to slightly less than mentioned and then heat both coil towards then end process to get an evenly browned top. I followed it and you can check the picture, I got a good evenly browned cake. There is much more to learn and with practice, I am sure I will. I have collected loads off recipes, and I myself not sure when and how will I find the time to do them all. 

** However, I am very pleased with the outcome this Delicious cake and my hubby loved it very much, so did my friend who got to taste it as she had suddenly dropped in after a hiatus. She came into my home to the aroma of baked cake and was jokingly said that she came to taste the cake as she could get the aroma till her home. Oh, don’t go by that I know she is pulling my legs, she stays at least 10 kms away from my home and I know she had come over to my area as she had some work in her bank which is close by. But she loved the cake very much and encouraged me to do more and also cheekily said that I could just message here whenever I tried out something new and that she would gladly taste it for me. But frankly, I too loved the cake very much and loads of thanks to my friend Shreya Ashish Tiwari for the recipe and all other frds. who encouraged me and gave tips on making the oven work, surprisingly my 30 year old oven is obeying and giving results, long way to go, but I am happy. I must mention here that Shreya has a lovely Blog of her own by name “Polka Puffs.in” where in you will find lots of delicious recipes. Thanks Shreya, We loved it. 

** Here is the recipe for "Eggless~Whole Wheat~Banana~Walnut Cake" from Shreya, I have not made any changes and the recipe remains the same …. 

** Ingredients : 
Ripe Bananas : 2 (I used Cavendish medium sized ones) 
Castor Sugar : ¾ cup 
Refined Oil : ½ cup 
Wheat Flour : 1 cup + ½ cup 
Vanilla Essence : ½ tsp 
Baking Powder : 1 tsp 
Baking/Cooking Soad : ½ tsp 
Pinch of cooking salt 
Chopped Walnuts : ¼ cup 
Cinnamon Powder : ¼ tsp 
Nutmeg Powder : 1/8 tsp 

** Preheat the oven at 180 deg. C. Grease a loaf shaped baking tin (about 7” or any other tin you have) and dust it with wheat flour. 

** In a bowl mash the ripe bananas well with a fork. Add in castor sugar and whisk well, then add in oil and whisk well till it is incorporated well. Mix in the vanilla essence. 

** Now sieve in the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt into the banana-oil mixture (reserving aside 1 tblsp of the whole wheat flour) and mix well gently in a circular motion.

** Add in cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder and mix it well. Avoid over mixing the mixture. Mix walnut pieces with the reserved wheat flour and add it to the mixture and fold in gently. 

** Pour the batter into the prepared batter tin and bake for 40-45 minutes at 170 deg. C or till the tooth prick inserted comes out clean. 

** Remove and cool the tin for about 30 minutes in the same tin and then unmold it and cool for another 30 minutes on wire rack. Slice the cake and they are ready to be served.
** Put the sliced pieces in an air tight container, it stays fresh for 4-5 days, that is if it remains for that many days off course. In my home it was over in 3 days flat.


** Note : You can skip off the spices if you prefer, so can you leave out the walnuts or can add in any other nuts of your choice too. 

** Note : The above recipe is as it is from Shreya’s Blog Polka Puffs. However sometimes the ingredients can vary from place to place as is the case with bananas. I found the mixture slightly thicker as I could not mix it properly so I have added about 3 tblsp of milk to the above mixture. 

** In all a delicious and healthy cake that you should try in your homes as there is always excess bananas lying about that nobody wants to eat once they are too ripened. This is the best way to finish them off and also make children eat healthier cake than store bought ones. 

** I will be trying many more of my friends cake recipes and posting here, so do keep a keen watch on my Blog if you are cake lover like me. I am sure your kids will love eating them when coming home hungry from school or while coming after playing with their friends. Do ask them to share them with their friends and enjoy building a stronger and lovely friendship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.