Friday, January 25, 2019

Cabbage-Spring Onions-Green Moong Sprouts Raw / Tossed Salad.


“Cabbage-Spring Onions-Green Moong Sprouts Raw Salad” …. A delicious-Healthy raw salad with added bonus of sprouts that can be served as a side dish in thali or combo meals ... Tastes awesome .... Yummy Yumz ... 

** Raw salads are a favorite in my home and there is always a box of freshly sprouted green moong in my fridge that lasts me for about a week. So preparing salads is a breeze work when you have the ingredients always ready for use. Spring onions are available in huge bundles in Mumbai, but somehow I have never made justice to this one in my kitchen over the years. I have used them only for some Chinese dishes etc. So for now I have decided I should give a try to veggies with inclusion of these spring onions and I have already posted a palak curry and pulav prepared with its addition. This one is a simple raw salad, that goes very well when served as a side dish in thali or along with other dishes. Simple to make, all you need are ready sprouted moong. 

** Try including "Sprouts" into your daily diet, you can prepare them ahead and keep them stored in an air tight stainless steel box in fridge for nearly 7-10 days and use them as and when required. If you are a newbie and do not know how to make sprouts, please check on the link given below for guidelines on sprouting beans. It is simple and if done when you find time on weekends will serve you through the week in preparation of many dishes ... Plz. Check through the link given below ....


** Here is my simple method of preparing “Cabbage-Spring Onions-Green Moong Sprouts Raw Salad” … My Style … 

** Wash and wipe 3 spring onions, finely chop them along with the onion bulb and put them in a wide stainless steel bowl. Now finely chop about 100 gms of cabbage and add it also into the bowl. Add in a heaped cup of green moong sprouts into the bowl too along with a handful of freshly chopped coriander leaves (Optional). 

** Add 2-3 finely chopped green chillies, salt to taste, one freshly squeezed juice of lemon to the bowl. Heat ½ tsp of coconut oil (any oil) and add in a pinch of hing (asfoetida), remove and add in a few curry leaves and fry for second then pour it into the bowl and toss all the ingredients well. Cover and keep it aside for 5-10 minutes. 

** “Cabbage-Spring Onions-Green Moong Sprouts Raw Salad” is done and ready to be served. Serve it as a side dish in thali or other combo meals. Tastes great and is very healthy too specially for those who love raw food/salad. If hesitant to relish them as it is, you can add some beaten curds and serve it as Raita too, in which case avoid adding in of lemon juice.

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.