Friday, December 7, 2018

Crossing A milestone of "4" Years of Blogging.


“Sukrundo with Puran~Dry Fruit Filling” ... Sharing this traditional~delicious sweet dish from Konkani Saraswat Cuisine Specially prepared on the occasion of Crossing A milestone of "4" Years of Blogging at "Gayathri Pai's Food Bytes" ... The Culinary Journey through my Blog which is by and large full of amchi / konkani dishes started as fun, a desire to spread Konkani Saraswat Cuisine all round the globe and not keep it bounded to amchi kitchens only. Fortunately, the Blog has slowly but steadily reached a worldwide recognition in a very small way today, and looking back through the journey which were full of ups and downs it gives me immense satisfaction, though there is much more to do. It really makes me feel proud to be one of the promoters of Konkani Saraswat Cuisine in my own little way and I, take this opportunity to thank each one of you for being so supportive throughout the journey, without which this would not have been possible at all. Firstly I thank Lord Ganesha and Mata (Goddess) Annapurna for their Blessings and then I thank my Mother who is my inspiration and Guru from whom I learned to cook food, My hubby who has consistently supported me in all my ventures and has always stood by me through thick and thin ... My heartfelt thanks to all my elders here for lovingly showering me with their blessings and all youngsters for their indispensable support, love and friendship throughout this journey … Thank you very much dear friends, I remain indebted to all of you …. 

** My Culinary Journey actually started the day I started clicking and posting my home cooked food some 5 years back just for fun in some food groups on some of my friends insistence. It was started just for fun, to enjoy and learn more of cooking from various communities. I must admit I, was neither a good photographer nor did I have much time for editing and sharing of the recipes. Being a busy women for the last 30 yrs in my own business field, I was always hard pressed for time. But, somehow in the last few years I had to cut down a little bit coz. of health issues. My interest in cooking was revived as I began to have spare time, so I started posting in the groups more often, but I was always finding it difficult to keep up with demand of posting the recipes in time. I almost decided to give up on posting as I found it difficult to always type out the same, file it etc. as I would loose track and had to search through file for the same which ended up wasting a lot of time. I was toiling on the idea when my hubby suggested that I start a blog of my own recipes and all I had to do would be share links after all one should always move with technology in life. Now this was interesting as computers was something not new to me as I had an experience of 25 yrs. But, I was worried as I was finding things too hectic and this was an added on burden on my ageing shoulders. 


** I asked a few blogger friends suggestions and all were quite enthusiastic and suggested I give it a try, after all I had nothing to loose, It would be helpful for all. Some of my younger cousins, were always asking me to message recipes and that too would get solved as all they had to do was check up on the blog.  I went through many Blogs and was mesmerized looking at the beautiful presentation and the write ups. Again, I took a step back feeling this was not my cup of tea, where would I find the time for all such matters, also would I be able to do it. But on forethought I felt it was the recipes that could be really cooked at home that mattered the most and my desire was after all only to spread the knowledge of our amchi Konkani Saraswats recipes. Finally I decided to keep it simple and just jot down the recipes and a few picture attachments to it, that’s it, those who were interested in traditional dishes would always look up on the same. This was how the culinary journey started with lots of hitches and hurdles. It was at that time that one friend who owns a blog of his own that is one of the best which contributes all types of dishes and has lots of matter written about Manglaore my home town and nearby places suggested that I should start writing a bit about anything that came to my mind to make it readable / appealing which was otherwise a bore to people who went through the blog. 

** Again, this made me take a deep thought to nearly give up everything, I really felt that, what was the point in writing reams of thoughts, who would read it, after all people just wanted the recipe not my story, and no one actually has that much spare time. But when my friends told me to give it a try, I thought why not and the second part of the beautiful journey started this way after which I have never looked back by God’s grace nor have I ever regretted it till date.  Sometimes, we never come across our own inner-self, our capabilities / abilities till someone else points out the same to us. All of us have within us something unique that makes us distinct apart from others. It can be anything, like you may be a good singer while I can’t sing to save my soul. I may be a bad designer, while someone out there is simply outstanding at it. I can paint, but that’s it, but my friend can put life into her paintings, some can really teach well, but not all of us can, these are the differences in each one of us, while each one of us is actually good at something or the other. I never knew I could hold a camera in proper angle forget clicking of a proper picture till I started food photography, now I have learned a lot about it, yet to learn so much, I have no knowledge much of lighting, shades etc. but I can click a decent picture that clearly shows my food in a good display manner. I was already into software so learning of using Photoshop, cropping, editing, adding titles were all a breeze work, though now the technology is much more advanced and there is always to learn more and more as days go by.


** Learning of anything is a continuous process, a lone man's journey that will continue through a lifetime and I have always found it interesting. Giving up or not attempting something thinking that we cannot do it or underestimating ourselves is foolishness. Even God cannot help those who do not help themselves. Trying, giving your best and working hard at something you want is your forte, granting it with full boon is always God's choice and he does so if you keep faith and work hard. I urge all of you to chase your passions/dreams be it in any field, you never know where it will take you. Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita that one should do his Karma ie his duties with earnest and not think of the profits / gains, that should be left to the Lord and he will definitely grace the same on you when the time is appropriate. And I strongly believe in giving 200% of my effort and I urge all of you to do so.  Many of you like me are sure to be working women but that should not stop you from doing what you feel you are good at or trying to find out the same. Give it a try, keep a few hours in a week exclusively for your passion at working on something, slowly as you get satisfaction, you will somehow find the time to pursue the same. Maybe during holidays or weekends you can squeeze in a little bit of time for your own private projects / your passions, do so, or else one fine day, you will regret it like me for not having started off earlier. 

** Working for earning is our priority, rightly so too, and we have to do it, but so is working for satisfaction and pleasure. In the long run at the ripe golden age, when you have all white hairs and crinkled skin, as you look back on your past with eyes cringed at your achievements, you should do so in pleasure, pride and not regrets of if’s and had I’s. I have loads of them and unfortunately I cannot pursue all of them at this point of my age, looking back I too wish I had done so, somehow squeezing in a few hours in a week after all you don’t need to watch that dumb TV serials that give you nothing at all. Again, its entertainment, which also is needed as a stress buster at times, so maybe a few hours a week is enough but definitely not on daily basis, it's just a waste of time. I have friends who do lovely stitching of quilts and embroideries, crochet, knitting etc. a beautiful and lovely hobby that is so creative and amazing. I will always regret having not learnt the same coz. I love art very much, was learning painting, when I had to leave it halfway through for personal reasons which is also one of my biggest regret. God willing one day I may learn a few of the things that I have always desired to learn too, who knows, never say never for we never know what future holds for us. I strongly believe if the desire to do something is in you, you should do so without worrying of the outcome or the results, just go ahead and give it a try. 


** Coming to Blogging, It took me 2-3 years of hard work to understand the functioning properly, but I somehow lack the skills on promoting myself. I neither find the time nor the interest in doing so, when my friends keep urging me to do so here and there. I cannot and will not compromise on my principles in life just to pursue something blindly or to do one up on others. I love this space as my own where I can write what I want, share my recipes, my thoughts and notes, that's it. Life is beautiful and I love it that way, I have so many friends now who keep in contact, and touch wood, what more can one ask for. I am thankful to Lord for whatever little he has bestowed on me, though I must admit I crave for more, I am human and it after all human tendency. Recently I started receiving a lot of mails from many who read my written matters in blog and loved my style very much. I have somehow not been able to stick to standard pattern of writing of recipes, ie. in a format pattern and I also firmly believe that one should follow one’s own pattern of writing as well as clicking. I have always stuck to my own ways and means and not changed it for anything or anyone whatsoever. I follow my own pattern and love to include my own thoughts etc. in between and these are small and little things that actually cannot be taught by anybody to anyone and has to be learned on experience of trials and error and that is the way it exactly should be. 

** Well, I do not want to deviate from the main reason I am writing these Thoughts-N-Notes. On completion of  a milestone of 4 years of blogging and looking back on the same, I have found immense satisfaction in Blogging. My Blog is a space of my own where I write my Thoughts, my notes, my recipes, some short stories, some spiritual stories etc. I am very happy to have started this Blog as now it has become my very own Baby that will be a part of me forever, I am always indebted and thankful to all those who supported me and encouraged me by giving me loads of tips on blogging. There is much more to be done, many miles more to go, but there is no hurry, I will do so in my own space and time. One should take things as and when it comes on without being too judgmental on self or others, always proudly be self-made. When I started the blogging journey, I was completely aware that there were too many bloggers already, each outstanding the others in expertise and that it would not be easy. But nothing comes easy in life, you have to slog it out, in the end it is just a question of honesty. Do something with love, faith and honesty is what my father always taught me in life, He always insisted that we give 200% dedication to whatever we intend to do and that is exactly what I have followed through life. I knew if I followed his advice I would definitely make it, as my father himself was a self made man who started from zero and became a household name amongst students for his sale of various types of forms needed for them in building their career. I also learnt to work hard from my Mother who was always doing something or the other from her childhood and will still give a run for your money today at the ripe age of 86 yrs. Hurdles are always there, but in the long run it is your dedication and honesty that pays.


** Once again Thanking each one of you for always being supportive, reading and following my Blog. This is my honest attempt of sharing my recipe for generations to come and I really hope the same will be useful to them in some way. Sharing my Naivedyam with all my friends here ... God Bless all. 

** Note : For the recipe for “Sukrundo with Puran~Dry Fruit Filling”, please go through the link given below, the recipe has been posted separately ... Thank you ...

** Here is the link to the Recipe …. 

** Disclaimer : This is an article written by me on my own thoughts on my days through Blogging and my experience through life in the past few years. The matter written, is exclusively my opinion and not taken from any text or any post of any person or book whatsoever. If, any coincidence is found it is just accidental and again the article is not meant to hurt anybody's sentiments or spiritual believes or way of life. I strongly believe each one's judgement is the best one for their own family. I am just a simple working women and homemaker who loves cooking and sharing my thoughts and notes here and in no way am I promoting anything for anybody or self. Lead a healthy life by relishing all types of home cooked food in limits, while you learn to pursue your passions and dreams. Enjoy doing all the little things you want to do in life, Remember, Your life pattern is the best example you can set for generations to come. So give them this gift by teaching them from childhood to give their 200% best in life for gaining of all achievements. Stay Blessed and Spread Happiness. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" where in you will find many more recipes by members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

1 comment:

  1. Well complied and descriptive..Enjoyed reading this blog thoroughly..You are right..no use writing reams about your work..It speaks for itself. One suggestion I can think of us is more photographs showing your journey so far. Otherwise full thumbs up from me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks.