Monday, November 12, 2018

My Thali 86.


“My Thali 86. …Kele Upkari (Raw Banana Bhaji), Sungta Hummana/ Hinga Uddaka~ Narlel Tela ghalnu randai (Prawn Curry With Asafoetida~Coconut Oil Seasoning), Patrade Podi (Colocasia Leaves Rolls Sliced and Tava fried), Kulitha Saaru (Horse Gram Saar), SheetHa (Rice)” … After traditional Diwali dishes Non-Veg is something the tongue craves for those who are Non-Vegetarians … Here is my yummy lunch … Enjoy … 

** After Diwali it is always fish curry or fries in my home as due to hectic Pre Diwali cleaning and preparation of snacks and sweets normal cooking of daily dishes takes a back seat. Then there are festive days when traditional dishes dominate the meal and again many a dishes are not thought of. After all the Diwali goodies and snacks and back to back program on events and fun it is now time to go back to normalcy and prepare dishes that you simply love to have. I take a few days of break after Diwali to rest both my tummy and body and then its back to preparing new dishes or the ones that we miss. Now almost everybody takes a break on Diwali festive season and my fish vendor is no different. As it is they sit to sell them only thrice a week in my vicinity and I am always either missing the timing or forgetting that day. She has gone on holiday and will be coming today which means I will have to wait to buy fresh ones for another day and then its going to be fish and Non-Veg for sometime.

** I always buy frozen prawns and store them in my freezer as I love adding a few of them to soups or dishes like salads etc. Hubby is crazy of fish and he can have them in any style that I serve him on, Pssst … I once added them to our normal Pejje Jevan and it was lovely. I will make a post on it soon. So today, I thought of preparing some Prawn hummana along with our very own Amchi Konkani Saraswat dishes that I have presented in my Thali. Go ahead and enjoy the visuals and try to include them into your daily diet, this meal is simply awesome. I am posting the links to that particular dishes in the Thali as is my usual pattern. Do go through the links of the individual dishes for the recipe and if you find any difficulty or are not able to follow something you can always leave a comment or mail me, I will be glad to help out. Do try out the dishes and enjoy with your family and friends. If you want any other particular Amchi Konkani Saraswat Recipe, that I may not have yet included in the Blog, you can always write to me and I will do the needful as soon as possible. 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

1.. For the “Kele Upkari / Raw Banana Bhaji” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

2. For the “Sungta Hummana/ Hinga Uddaka~ Narlel Tela ghalnu randai (Prawn Curry With Asafoetida~Coconut Oil Seasoning)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** I am also sharing a common link for “Prawn Curry” wherein you will find different types of curries and also the same curry in different adaptions, do check out the same too …. 

3. For the “Patrade Podi / (Colocasia Leaves Rolls Sliced and Tava fried)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

4. For the “Kulitha Saaru (Horse Gram Saar)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

5. For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" where in you will find many more recipes by members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.