Tuesday, November 13, 2018

My Fish Thali 87.


“My Fish Thali 87. … Patrade Upkari/Usli (Colocasia Rolls Bhaji), Ghol Hummana (Croaker Fish Curry), Tomato~Onion Raita, Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), Ukde SheetHa (Boiled Rice), Tallele Raja (Fried Mackerel)” … I am tasting this fish “Ghol / Croaker” for the first time, I bought it on my fish vendors insistence, prepared hummana with yesterdays leftover masala of prawn curry … Can’t ask for anything more than this … Yummy Yumz … 

** Once the monsoon season sets in there are many festivals lined up for almost 4 months that is from Ashadi Masa to Kartika Masa which is also known as Chatur Masa where in all important festivals are observed. It really becomes difficult then to bring in Non-Veg into the home as sometimes the next day falls as festive days when we Konkani Saraswats do not eat Non-Veg. or for the matter onion or garlic. The delima continues as to what to cook and how, finally you end up with veggie dishes to avoid wastage, though in between I do try to squeeze in some egg curry or some chicken curries. Again being monsoon, fish is something difficult to get as the catchment gets lessened and instead of fresh catch you end up buying frozen ones which I try my best to avoid. Then again just before Diwali once the Navaratri ends there is a gap of some days where in you can relish them, but those are too hectic days, as the home cleaning of the year event has to be gone through and so does preparing of Diwali goodies and snacks. Once Diwali comes to an end, that is the time the tongue begins to crave more for Non-Veg as by then a long time has really be passed on. So is the case in my home to, so now I am on a non-veg spree and you will see me posting many dishes where in I will be using either fish, chicken or eggs. 

** Again my fish vendor had also taken a Diwali break and had gone on holiday, and my happiness knew no bounds when she gave me call early morning saying she was back and that she had brought fish for selling. Within a matter of minutes I reach her place and came back happily purchasing many varities of fishes. My fish curries are usually typical Konkani Saraswat Recipes, but with chicken I will be trying out different dishes and also those old dishes that are preserved in my diaries, which are yet to be shared / posted here. Well, lets see what more dishes can I churn up, if nothing I will post the combo dishes to help you choose a pattern of the same for serving. I have said enough and I am sure you must be also excited to prepare fish curry now, so lets move on to the posting of links to that particular dishes in the Thali as is my usual pattern. Do go through the links of the individual dishes for the recipe and if you find any difficulty or are not able to follow something you can always leave a comment or mail me, I will be glad to help out, after all “Sharing Is Caring”. Do try out the dishes and enjoy with your family and friends. 

** Given Below are the links to each Individual posts of the recipes to the dishes in the Thali above … Please go through the links for the same ... 

1.. For the “Patrade Upkari / Usli (Colocasia Rolls Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

2. For the “Ghol Hummana (Hinga Uddaka-Narlel Tela Ghalnu) / Croaker Fish Curry with Asafoetida~Coconut Oil”  Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

3. For the “Tomato~Onion Raita”, Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

4. For the “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)”, Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

5. For the “Ukde SheetHa (Boiled Rice)”, Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

6. For the “Tallele Raja (Fried Mackerel)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.