Monday, October 15, 2018

My Thali 77.


“My Simple Thali 77 … Batato~Karmabala Hinga Uddaka~Narlel Tela ghalnu randai (Hummana) / Potato~Star Fruit Curry with Asafoetida and Coconut Oil Served with Avale Nonche (Amla/ Gooseberry Pickle), Fresh Homemade Curds and some fried mini papads (store bought)” … After few hectic days all I could manage was this simple meal … Potatoes are easy and simple to cook and we simple love them, I often add either ambado (hogplum), Bimbul (Tree Sorrel) or Karmbala (Star fruit) when preparing it if they are available … Yummy Yum food … simply yet very filling … 

** Once again posting My Simple Veg. Thali for all my friends here. Today it is simple single item dish, as I have absolutely no strength in going about home chores. No, I am not sick, by God’s grace I am fine. During every Navaratri festive season, the first Sunday, our community conducts and celebrates Maha Satyanarayan Pooja in a grand manner for over last 30 years. Being a volunteer, I go and offer my services during the event. Though the heavy major works are done by many of our other valuable volunteers, it can be quite tiring as I have to attend, home, office and other extra works too. However, it is a very Divine event and it makes me happy~satisfied~blessed, not only to be a part of the function but to do my bit of service in whatever little way I can. My heartfelt thanks to all the volunteers who come and help selflessly keeping their own work aside. There is always a shortage of helping hand at such events and the work gets heavier as years pass by, presently we have about thousand people attending the function. By the grace of Lord Satyanarayana the function took place in grand manner without any hitches and that is what finally matters to us. Happiness of everybody and seeing to it that every person goes home after enjoying the prasadam (food) is top priority of our samaj. 

** Today, I was very tired after all the work that had to be done in the last two days and all I could manage was this single dish. But, potatoes are something we simply love in my home and they are always welcome in any form. I often prepare this curry which is a famous one among Konkani Saraswats. I had some rice papads, which I deep fried and as always fresh curds are always there at home, so included them. I always have some pickles ready at home as at times when things are too hectic we just relish them with pejja (rice porridge) or curd rice or even khichid (pongal). Simple food always satisfies one immensely when body wants to take off for some rest and it is very important at such times that while the body enjoy the rest phase the tummy is filled with a good simple tummy filling food. As usual I am sharing link to the Items in my Thali, nothing much I know, you may even wonder what was the point in posting this thali, as there si nothing much of a combo or items in it. But, I love sharing my food here with all of you and I am sure all of you too at times feel too tired to cook when you have had a hectic time, say traveled or had some heavy office / home work, so trust me try this out, you will feel refreshed and great. Do go through the link for the recipes and thank you, as always for encouraging me and sending in those mails. 


** Given Below are the links to each Individual posts of the recipes to the dishes in the Thali above … Please go through the links for the same ... 

1.. “Potato Hummana with Star Fruit” … A delicious curry with the flavor of hing and seasoned with coconut oil … goes very well with rice 
** Here is the link to the Recipe ..... 

2. “Setting of perfect Curds / Dahi” at home … Always set thick fresh curds at home, they are much more tastier and healthier when prepared at home … 
** Here is the link to the Recipe ..... 

3. “Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa” … Rice cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch. The rice remains well cooked without sticking to each other … Do try this formula / method of cooking as it is very healthy. 
** Here is the link to the Recipe ..... 

4. “Amla Pickle” … A little bit of pickle goes a long way and gives a lot of satisfaction by satisfying those taste buds … try this amla / avalo / gooseberry pickle and enjoy …. 
** Here is the link to the Recipe … 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 
** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.