Monday, September 24, 2018

Potato~Soya Chunks Ghee Roast served with Urad Dal~Rice Khotto.


"Potato~Soya Chunks Ghee Roast served with Urad Dal~Rice Khotto (Idly in Jackfruit leaves)" ... Thodasa hatke combo, but I love relishing Khotto's with some spicy curries and this is my lunch for today ... Yummy Yumz ...  

** Idly Sambar or Khotto with Sambar is a very common dish anywhere in southern parts of India and I keep including this often with different combos. As I mentioned a few weeks before, for a person who loves Idlies there are a huge varieties of the same that can be prepared at home and served with different combinations. I always somehow prefer having khotto that is actually Idlies prepared in Jackfruit leaves prepared baskets for lunch, as I always find it tummy full if relished with an equally delicious side dish. Spicy side dishes go very well with khotto and that includes both veg and non-veg dishes. In fact during festive seasons when in panna jeavan ie dishes served on plantain dishes, khotto used to be served too. I always dunked it in curries and relished the same instead of the chutney that was served too. That is when the fancy habit of eating khotto with spicy side dish curries be it veg. or no-veg. caught on my fancy. So, recently when I came into access of jackfruit leaves, which was not available to be before my joy knew no bounds and I was just waiting to prepare it and relish with spicy dishes. My next on list are non-veg. dishes, so do keep in a keen eye on my Blog for many more combos of dishes. 

** Coming to the part of dishes, as both of the dishes are already posted/blogged, I am just sharing the links to each of them. Please do excuse and follow the link to the particular dish for the same. There are also many more dishes on similar lines and if you use the search option or the label section you will get them in a list. Do always try out different variations in preparation of dishes, it will not only keep your family happy, but also satisfied and happy. A happy family is what every person wishes to have and like the saying the way to a heart is many a times through the stomach as in my knowledge kitchen plays the biggest part in our lives. It not only keeps us happy and healthy but it is also believed that Goddess Annapurna lives in a good and fully fledged kitchen and sees to it that there is never shortage of food in that home, which in other words means prosperity. So try your best to prepare these healthy delicious meals and enjoy with your family and I am sure your children will be healthy and wise and yes proud of you. 


** Given Below are the links to each Individual posts of the recipes to the dishes in the picture above … Please go through the links for the same ... 

1.. For the recipe of “Spicy Potato~Soya Chunks Ghee Roast” ….. A delicious, aromatic and classic mouthwatering dish which not only looks fiery red and hot but tastes also spicy and wonderful. This dish tastes best when served with panpolo (neer dosa), but tastes equally good with Idly, paratha, pulav too ….. Yumz …. 
** Here is the link to the Recipe …. 

2. For the recipe of “Urad Dal~Rice Khotto (Idlies cooked in jackfruit leaves baskets)”, Please go through the link given below …. 
** Here is the link to the Recipe …. 

** For the Method of preparing “Jackfruit Leaves Khotto/baskets”, Please go through the link given below where there are step by step pictures … 
** Here is the link to the Method …. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" where in you will find many more recipes by members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.