Friday, September 28, 2018

My Thali 74.


My Thali 74 ... Raw Banana Fries (Harve Kele Bajo), Roasted Horse Gram~ Red Amaranth Leaves Curry (Bajjile Kulith~ Tambdi Bajji Koddel), French Beans~Potato Bhaji (Beans~ Batate Upkari), Horse Gram~Kokum Saar (Kulith~Kokum Saar), Red Boiled Rice (Ukde SheetHa)" .... Yummy lunch today ... Enjoy ….. 

** Once again posting My Veg. Thali for all my friends here. A delicious combo of dishes with the inclusion of traditional roasted horse gram curry with the addition of amaranth leaves. While the rest of the dishes are somewhat common this curry is not so in the method of preparation. The curry is prepared in many homes and is quite common but preparing the same with roasted horse gram is not so, at least I have not heard of the same. A few months back I had posted a dish on similar lines except that in that recipe the veggie were stems of Malabar spinach / Vali while rest of the recipe is same. The roasting method is new to me too, as I came to know of it a few months back only when I was chatting with Mom, and she chanced upon telling me that her eldest sister / my aunt, whom actually I have not seen as she passed away at very young age prepared it in that way. Well I found that roasting did impart and awesome aroma, so here is another dish on the same lines. Do try it out, tastes yummy. 

** I will not run into any more details about the recipes here on any individual dishes as by now all of you are aware that they are all shared as individual posts. This is just a combination pattern for you to follow if at all you are confused as to what you want to prepare if you have friends or relatives over for lunch / dinner / festive times etc.. Today’s is once again, a delicious Amchi, GSB / Konkani Saraswat traditional dishes thali and I assure you will be loved by one and all. Simple, yet includes all types of exclusive dishes, specially those deep fried raw bananas that are enjoyed with content.  I you have friends / relatives who are reluctant to eat boiled rice, you can prepare normal rice and also include poori or roti for those who are habituated in eating them. Sharing the links to each of the items below, please go through the link for the recipe that you desire to try out. Thanking all for being so helpful and co-operative that it always motivates me to make more. 


** Given Below are the links to each Individual posts of the recipes to the dishes in the Thali above … Please go through the links for the same ... 

1.. “Raw Banana Bajo / Bajia” … A delicious bajia prepared with cooking variety raw bananas that are a crase among Konkani Saraswats … Tastes awesome and can be relished both as a snack or as a side dish in Thali ... Yumz .....
** Here is the link to the Recipe ..... 

2. “Roasted Horse Gram~Red Amaranth Leaves Garlic Seasoned Curry (Bajjile Kulith~ Tambdi Bajji Koddel)” … A delicious dish from Konkani Saraswats Cuisine that taste delicious when served with red boiled rice (ukde sheetHa) or any rice … Here the Horse gram is roasted before cooking and gives an awesome aroma and taste to the curry … Yummy … 
** Here is the link to the Recipe ......... 

3. “French Beans~Potato Bhaji / Beans~Batate Upkari” … A simple side dish that tastes great when served with other dishes in thali or roti too … Healthy too as oil is added sparingly as seasoning only … Yumz … 
** Here is the link to the Recipe ......... 

4. “Kulith (Horse Gram) Saar” … Always serve this saar / saaru steaming hot with rice and the upkari with some fried papads … Add on a blob of fresh homemade butter on top of the saar on rice while serving, it tastes simply heavenly ... I have relished it that way throughout my childhood and even now I enjoy it the same way … Yummilicious …. 👌 
** Here is the link to the Recipe ........ 

5. “Cooking Red Boiled Ukda Rice Red Boiled Rice / Tambde Ukde Tandla sheetha / Urpel Ari / LaL Mota Chawal” ... Red Boiled Rice / Tambde Ukde Tandla sheetha / Urpel Ari / LaL Mota Chawal ....... Cooking of Red Boiled Rice using Pressure Cooker …. My easy way out. Cooking red boiled rice / ukde sheetha is considered laborious and time consuming, but I use a faster method and get perfectly cooked rice using pressure cooker ….. Anybody can follow this simple method, cook and enjoy hot red ukada boiled rice with a spicy Veg / Non. Veg Curry … I am sure people from Southern Parts of India / Mangloreans and many more who will try this out will surely agree with me ... Totally Yumz ..... 
** Here is the link to the Recipe .... 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 
** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" where in you will find many more recipes by members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.