Friday, July 20, 2018

Vermicelli~Ripe Jackfruit~Paneer Payasam.


“Vermicelli~Ripe Jackfruit~Paneer Payasam” … A delicious payasam that tastes awesome with the flavor of jackfruit and delicious taste of crumbled paneer .... A dessert that got accidentally born in my kitchen .... Yummilicious ....

** Today being the first Guruvar (Thursday) of Ashada Masa prepared this delicious dessert as Naivedyam … This dessert tastes good when served cold … Sharing this with all my friends here … God Bless all … 

** Again I confess I prepared this dish accidentally. Sometimes you just go about thinking of preparing something and as you proceed you end up doing it the different way. This has happened with me so many times that I have started believing in miracles in my kitchen. OK, on a serious note, this dish was prepared yesterday ie on Thursday, but is getting blogged today on Friday, so apologies on that matter, somehow I was too tired last night to sit and blog the draft etc. as it is raining heavily in Mumbai and there is chill in the air. Such weather always bring out all the body pains lying deep in the bones and begin to ache, so at the end of the day, I just want to wind up everything fast drink something hot and cuddle up in my bed with my warm blanket. 

** Coming to this recipe, I wanted to prepare vermicelli payasam, as again I want to finish it off before next month so that I guy buy a new pack for the coming festive season. Going through my freezer compartment, I came across about a cup of ripe jackfruit puree that I had stored to prepare dumplings. Well, I somehow was not in a mood to prepare the dumplings, so I thought why not add in the same to vermicelli and prepare payasam instead of gharai the one which we amchies prepare using jackfruit and rava. So the decision was made and I prepared the vermicelli-ripe jackfruit payasam. I usually never add milkmaid for thickening of payasam as they are loaded with calories. So I just add in a tsp of cornflour to thicken the same, though at times I leave that out completely too. 

** When I went to remove cornflour from fridge, I came across the left over few cubes of fresh paneer from yesterday that too had to be finished off. So, just on an impulse I removed the same, crumbled it and added it to the payasam. The payasam got thickened and cooking it a bit and there was absolutely no need of adding on cornflour. Well now that I have told in the story don’t you think its accidental or miracle, I mean when I entered the kitchen it was not even there in the remote of my mind of preparing the payasam this way. But, I am glad I did, imagine for the first time my hubby loved it and had a whole large bowl of it without murmur. A delicious~scrumptious payasam that is best relished at room temperature or slightly cold. 


** Here is the simple recipe for “Vermicelli~Ripe Jackfruit~Paneer Payasam” … My Style … 

** Keep half a liter full fat milk to boil, when it comes to boiling point, lower the heat and let it simmer for a good 10 minutes. Add in a large pinch of saffron strands to it and let it simmer. Meanwhile you can proceed with remaining preparations for the payasam. 

** I have used in here about 1 cup of the ripe jackfruit puree I had earlier prepared and kept in freezer and 2-3 jackfruit pieces cut into small cubes. You can use fresh ones and prepare the same too. Just cut the ripe jackfruit into pieces and grind in a mixer grinder and the puree is ready. 

** Heat 2 tblsp of ghee in a thick bottomed kadai, when it melts add in a handful cashew nuts and fry till it turns slightly brownish in color. Remove and keep it aside in a plate. Now add into the same ghee handful of raisins and fry till they get swollen, remove and add this into the plate along with cashew nuts. These will be used later for garnishing. 

** In the same kadai add in one cup full of roasted vermicelli and fry for just two minutes. This actually does not require frying, but I do so in the same left over ghee. Now add in the simmering saffron~milk and bring all to a boil, lower the heat and cook till the vermicelli is almost cooked, say 80%. Do not overcook the vermicelli, as it is not pleasant to eat it if it turns mushy. Add in 2 cups of sugar and mix well till it has melted in well. 

** Now add in the ripe jackfruit puree and the ripe jackfruit pieces and mix well. Let cook for another 2-3 minutes. Finally add in about 50 gms of paneer crumbled well to this payasam mixture and mix well. Let cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes and it is done. Lastly add in a large pinch of cardamom powder and the fried and kept aside cashew nut~raisins. Remove and let cool completely to room temperature to be served or you can even put it fridge to serve the same cold. 

** “Vermicelli~Ripe Jackfruit~Paneer Payasam” is done and ready to be served. This dish tastes best when served at room temperature or cold (not chilled) in individual bowls. I served this at room temperature and had kept the left over in the fridge and ate it later slightly cooled. It tastes delicious with jackfruit flavor and you get also to munch on the paneer. Do try this out and enjoy with your family and friends at functions or get together. 

** You can use the search option for "Payasam" where you will get many more combinations of the same prepared using different Ingredients. Do try out various types of dishes to relish with yummy side dishes that are also included in the Blog. Just use the labels on the right side of the blog for various types of dishes. Enjoy the dishes with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you. I have also started a food group for "Konkani Saraswats" by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" the link of which is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.